how big is the tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my o4 zd30 is def bigger than 60, most fills are over 60L. i've always believed it was 75L. i have a log book of each fuel for the last 12 months and i range between 10.8L per 100, up to 12.5L per 100. Most of my driving is highway speeds, 110kms zone.

I always fill when the needle is below empty, just a habit im in for some reason, the most ive ever got in was 69 litres, I get a massive 420ks for that amount of fuel! Heavy trailer and mods seem to make my 3ltr drink like the v6 petrol nav! Then again even when standard I would only ever get 500ks from a tank.

I put 61.6 litres in my 03 zd30 today, with 630 Kms covered. About 9.8 l/100km. Mostly around town work on that tank. Last tank was 666km on 59.8 litres, so a smidge under 9.0, but was all highway Kms back and forth to Melbourne from Ballarat. Best I've got in 4 years of ownership.

I filled my 02 td30 up today. Needle was just not touching the empty line. Took 63lt. 700km to a tank i get on average. But i drive like an old woman lol

I think to end this long thread the capacity is 75ltrs it's been that since i got my d21 in 89 we all get better and worse figures a quick google will confirm it as i wrote in an earlier reply here the 80 something kms i drove below empty without choice when i miscalculated the mileage with the van and no servo she took 72 ltrs the needle was way below the bottom line when i puffed into Monto but same as you all the light was on and below empty y/day after 720kms i put in 65ltrs "With no van".
John

bullwinkle,

Thats some awesome figures your getting there! i never use to be overly concerned about my fuel economy when i first got the ute, was mainly used for weekend trips and what not. Now that i have to drive out to work I've been keeping track of the fuel use.

The best I've had is like 10.1L per 100 and that was because i got stuck behind a wide load for nearly 200kms only doing 70km/h. Normally its in the mid 11s. I just brought a second set of tyres for highway use instead of my muds. The new ones are 245/75, rather than the 265/75 and to my surprise the fuel use hasn't improved. Only had a few tanks with them on but so i'll see how it pans out after a few more trips.

Good to know that the zd30 can achieve low to mid 9s but!

Thanks baitfish. I was pretty happy with those results - just happened to do quite a few Kms in a short space of time so thought I'd measure it. Last time I measured closely was about 18 months ago when I went through the flinders ranges and along the oodnadatta track, and I got exactly 10.0 for the whole trip which included a bit of driving on bush tracks and carrying a fair load.

I've noticed mine doesn't seem to change much regardless of whether its highway driving, town or even towing my boat. I was worried about a trip i went on last year that i would be touch and go if i had enough fuel. I thought the 4wding part of the trip would have used heaps more but i still averaged mid 11s for the trip.

On a side note, i did drive to brisbane from townsville last year in my brother in-laws 25yd D22. The tub was as full as it gets, plus 3 of us and a dog, the fuel use was around the same as my zd30 if not a little worse, coming home with an empty tub it got back into the high 9s. So it seems a load affects the 2.5 a lot more than it does the 3.

Back