hoses on intake 2012 ST??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson25

Reaction score
Hi guys, im replacing the accordian plastic tube that connects the air box.to the turbo.
My question is what are the 2 hoses that are running of the top of the pipe??
There is a very small one at the top and quite a large one just before the turbo -when i look inside where the big one is you can see it is a little oil..... This is a 2012 ST diesel manual only 3 weeks old.

The big pipe is the PCV valve which is recycling the blow by, so to find a little oil is 100% normal all the fumes that it is recycling is basically oil fumes.
The other small one is a vacuum line, but im not sure exactly what it is controlling or what sensor it is connected to

If i didnt connect the PCV valve back up would it cause any issues ?? Trying to work out how to plumb it into a piece of stainless. The vaccum line is not a drama as ive drilled a hole that it fits in nice and snug.

Its illegal to run it straight out into the atmosphere and it is also really messy. you can run it into a "catch can" which should take out allot of the oil then run it out lower then the sump area, but its still illegal to do that.

Ok in that case if i plumb it back into the replacement pipe but in a smaller hole it should all be good ;-) ?

Ok in that case if i plumb it back into the replacement pipe but in a smaller hole it should all be good ;-) ?

Yeah thats the go, as i said you can run a catch can and then run a differnt size hose and style of fitting to better suit your new pipe just as long as it goes back through the engine.
Allot of people recommend the "PROVENT" brand of catch cans which do a great job of keeping dirty oil out of going back into the engine but there are different versions out there that with a few little mods like adding steel wool work well to.
Do a search fore catch cans and you will see plenty of info.

Latest posts

Back