HID, the best way.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just re-measured my road out the front of my place, its 1.3km(not 2.3km sorry), the light make light past 1.5km, but the light at 1.3km can still cats a shadow and iluminate the area enough for you to walk around without walking into stuff, much past that and your shadow hides lots of stuff

Its not my product, but have you ever seen the controlled output of light from a HID projector, i will put money on it that it has less "scattered" light that your factory installed halogens!

yes i have
my wifes fto import has factory hid projectors

In Queensland, apparantly all HID lights are illegal even if the car reflectors are adapted to them. just check with your local laws. but if your looking for spotty's the best bolb/ light has to be HID's, best way to go.

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum but thought I'd join and have a look around.

The projector HID kit that's in Matts Ranger is one of my kits. Yes I also do Navaras. lol

Unfortunately most of the bad raps HIDs get is caused from people throwing HID kits straight in headlights and not using projectors. In a reflector it throws light everywhere which will blind on coming traffic regardless of how you try and set it up. This was the reason I got into doing these kits. Projectors have a very clean sharp cut off so they don't affect oncoming traffic.

As for self leveling kits and washers there both available and cheaply but there not as nice as the kits on a $100,000 car. I don't even bother keeping them. Even on a $100,000 car when hitting pot holes or speed humps self leveling doesn't react that quick and this is when any light will hit you in the eyes. The focus point is actually less likely to hit you in the eyes then a halogen because it projector to the ground so it is less likely to blind you then a halogen as mentioned above by Matt.

The washers. Most probably aren't aware but Australian lighting ADRs are basically a copy and paste of the European lighting rules and regs which is where these come into it. The washers are designed to remove road salt, ice and snow off car lights where it snows a lot which is the reason a lot of them pump out heated water. It wont wash dirt off at all so there not designed to keep them clean like people think.

I hope that helps clear a couple of things up. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. That's a D22 I did below. I don't have any pics of the D40 that I've done that I can find. If done properly no one would even know. Another thing work mentioning at if fitted correctly they can be just as water proof or even more so then a factory light. I have made kits that are submersible for GQ comp trucks simplify by running breathers to the airbox.

sparkslights001.jpg

Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Hi Dave.

There are heaps of options but for the same kit as what Matt has there $350 for the kit

The kit comes with
2 x 3inch projectors (right hand drive cut off)
2 x 35 watt ballasts
2 x shrouds of your choice
2 x h4 australian version locators (I had these made to suit our roads)
H4 plug and play loom
Instruction manual

Installation on those lights without angel eyes etc is $100 to install them. Once you start adding angel eyes etc the cost goes up a little.

Then there's options such Led angel eyes in orange for indicators or white for daytime running lights or parkers. $30 a pair.

50 watt ballast and bulb upgrade $20

Genuine Osram bulbs $100 a pair. I don't touch philips as there are to many copies out there.

The kits are set up so there really easy to fit with an instruction booklet plus my after hours number if you get stuck. The projectors I sell are fully screw in to the existing H4 hole and the wiring looms are all plug and play. There is no need to cut into your lights or wiring looms. If you where ever to smash a light they can simply be unscrewed and bolted into another light.

The only mod to the light is a small hole for a couple of wires to run though the light.

All my options can be seen here.
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Projectors-retrofits

Cheers Mick.

Give me a couple of weeks Mick and Ill get a set off you.

Got a 8 grand tax bill the other day, sigh. !@#$ I hate the ATO.

Oh and Mick, post some random shit in the Random chat thread to get your post count above 10, then you can post all the pics you like without needing them to be approved.

Hey mick the d22 light looks awesome how much for the kit .? And can u black the light out .?

Oh my bad I hadn't refreshed the page to see the latest comments n wrote mine .. Sorry guys !

Give me a couple of weeks Mick and Ill get a set off you.

Got a 8 grand tax bill the other day, sigh. !@#$ I hate the ATO.
Thats not good mate.

Oh and Mick, post some random shit in the Random chat thread to get your post count above 10, then you can post all the pics you like without needing them to be approved.
All done mate. Hopfully this will be number 11 so I can answer questions without you having to approve them. lol

Cheers Mick.

Latest posts

Back