HID, the best way.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

IMG_9508.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_6897.jpg

Was talking to Matt aka Jet-6 the other and he sent me these pics, this is his Ford Ranger that Mick on the Patrol forum has fitted with a HID kit thats like the factory fitted units.

Ill get in touch with Mick and see if he is keen to do more.

remember guys fitting hid's into non hid designed headlights is illegal
the reflectors aren't designed for hid's and give you a terrible light spread and blind other drivers
and will make your car unroadworthy,therefor voiding insurance

Looks like they have removed the reflectors and therefore maybe these kits are road legal.

If Matt's website worked one might be able to confirm the legal status of these things but at present all his website seems to be is an ad for the company who poorly made it.

+1 on Sparra's advice. Also, HID headlights require automatic light levellers AND spray washers for them to be legal in NSW at least (and perhaps the rest of Australia as well).

+1 on Sparra's advice. Also, HID headlights require automatic light levellers AND spray washers for them to be legal in NSW at least (and perhaps the rest of Australia as well).

Same in VIC so I believe.

yep, as far as i'm aware its in the adr's so it applies to every state.

still, they'd be hard pushed to tell the difference on a properly aimed and set up projector setup...

these guys actually do straight bolt in ones, you just have to heat the headlight and remove the front cover first... http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

These are the closest you'll get to legal. Best light focus to.

These are Britax HID Kits.

remember guys fitting hid's into non hid designed headlights is illegal
the reflectors aren't designed for hid's and give you a terrible light spread and blind other drivers
and will make your car unroadworthy,therefor voiding insurance

The reflectors dont come into play with "projectors"

PS, they are the best lights ive had, and you all know how much money i spend on lighting!

Yes you are correct, but so is almost any mod on your car, lift, 3rd driving light, wheel changes, tyres, etc etc

Aren't the arcs in the HID globes horizontal and running along the axis (front-rear) of the vehicle? Isn't the tip of the globe blocking the arc from getting forward? That would place a significant reliance on the reflector even if the light is then focussed through a lens.

It's one of the reasons why I haven't changed my IPF spotties over to 100W HID yet - because the reflector isn't designed for the position of the HID arc and I've assumed that this would just make a mess of the light, depriving me of the amount of light that I could have. Have I been mistaken?

i installed a full HID replacement kit from 'Mars Performance' about a year and a half ago, if properly aligned and regularly cleaned you wont have an issue. If your being a dickhead in your truck you obviously deserve a bit of heat, but like anything we do on our trucks if we take pride in its appearance and don't drive like we stole it we can fly under the radar.

55913910150966640267795.jpg

Aren't the arcs in the HID globes horizontal and running along the axis (front-rear) of the vehicle? Isn't the tip of the globe blocking the arc from getting forward? That would place a significant reliance on the reflector even if the light is then focussed through a lens.

It's one of the reasons why I haven't changed my IPF spotties over to 100W HID yet - because the reflector isn't designed for the position of the HID arc and I've assumed that this would just make a mess of the light, depriving me of the amount of light that I could have. Have I been mistaken?

Your points are all valid, but with 8 time the light output, you get the same deal plus more, i have custom built fan cooled 100w RMS ballasts running my 100w Narva Extremes, i KNOW i can shine light in excess of 1.3km, at 1.3km you can still cast a shadow from my lights

Last edited:
Yes you are correct, but so is almost any mod on your car, lift, 3rd driving light, wheel changes, tyres, etc etc

thats why i went with a legal 2'' lift, kept original tyre size and only upgraded my spotties to hid
and
i cant see why people need super bright headlights
all they do is piss off other drivers
need more light spread for off road , get a led lightbar
thats just my personal opinion
ime not trying to put shit on your product

, i KNOW i can shine light in excess of 2.3km, at 2.3km you can still cast a shadow from my lights

I could have fun with them, i was always happy with my rallye 4000 but i,m starting to think i need more. I live in the bush so i,m talking country road driving nearly every night of the week

Last edited:
I could have fun with them, i was always happy with my rallye 4000 but i,m starting to think i need more

Here's some motivation.
Easily 1.5 km with these 55w 5000 lumen.

Attachments

• image-1063097160.jpg
    image-1063097160.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1652667026.jpg
    image-1652667026.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 98
thats why i went with a legal 2'' lift, kept original tyre size and only upgraded my spotties to hid
and
i cant see why people need super bright headlights
all they do is piss off other drivers
need more light spread for off road , get a led lightbar
thats just my personal opinion
ime not trying to put shit on your product

Its not my product, but have you ever seen the controlled output of light from a HID projector, i will put money on it that it has less "scattered" light that your factory installed halogens!

Latest posts

Back