Hello to my new Nissan family!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Tourer

Reaction score
Well i've finally jumped ship! After owning 3 Toyotas, the D22 Navara proved too much of a good truck at a argain price compared to the others. Bloody GLAD to see such a good forum available to us, too!!

I've bought a truck with a few mods already done. but will be definately looking to greatly improve it over a few years. Making it my own. Will be lookinh forward to reading the forums here and finding out some info.

Well, lets start while i'm here.

What, (in your humble opinion) would be the first mod I should make?

Check out my garage and let me know!!

Cheers boys and Girls! :victory:

Welcome to the forums.

First mod any d22 owner should make is getting the D40 conversion...hows that for a humble opinion?

:big_smile:
HI I AM ONLY NEW AS WELL, I HAVE A 1997 DUAL/CAB RED WITH A ARB CANOPY AND ARB BULL/BAR, ONLY HAD THE VEHICLE 2 MONTHS, PLAN ON GIVING IT A WORKOUT, IN THE NEXT MONTH OUT TO WILLIAM CRK TO CHECK OUT LAKE EYRE, I AM RETIRED EX DRILL SUPERVISOR, WORKED OUT THAT WAY YEARS AGO, I LIVE ON THE SUNNY COAST. I GET ON TO FORUM EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS, ITS VERY GOOD, HOPE YOU GET PLENTY OF FUN FROM YOUR NISSAN CHEERS ROBBO.:victory:

Welcome to the forums mate and congrats on the choice of vehicle. As for the mods I say take it for a run and I think you'll find it's pretty good stock. Aftermarket suspension would be the first port of call as far as mods go because the stock stuff is pretty average by any standard. As for the D40 conversion, I wouldn't even go there! Toooooo soft :big_smile:

Chers Brad

As for the D40 conversion, I wouldn't even go there! Toooooo soft :big_smile:

Chers Brad

Awe thats ok if you're too soft to get the conversion I wont hold it against you :big_smile:

Had to stick up for the D22 owners, didn't I, :victory:

I was more worried that it took nearly 20 mins to get a bite, my fishing skills are lacking a bit tonight :big_smile:

Hi can anyone help me get some info on aquiring an Owners Manual for the Nissan/ Navara dual/cab pre 2000 year. Already tried Bookworld, Ebay and a few Nissan dealers (NO LUCK) It seems they are scarse, any help appreciated? Thanks Robbo

Welcome Super Tourer, good to hear there are still some Toyota folks prepared to be impressed by the Nav. i just changed my standard suspension with 2 inch lifted 41mm foam cell shocks and raised leaf springs. After doing some pretty bouncy beach driving over Easter i am impressed and can recommend you start there. it will improve the ride quality unbelievably.

Cheers.

Am looking at importing the Calmini upper control arms and Idler brace kit. and addin git too an EFS 50mm lift. Not looking for the extra inch, more so the extra down travel. Any input from anyone?
Will be expcting an Email from Calmini, California in the next couple days with info on delivery prices on the Full 3" kit, too. $985 US over there! Nearly a $1500 saving on snake racing kit!

Well i've finally jumped ship! After owning 3 Toyotas, the D22 Navara proved too much of a good truck at a argain price compared to the others. Bloody GLAD to see such a good forum available to us, too!!

I've bought a truck with a few mods already done. but will be definately looking to greatly improve it over a few years. Making it my own. Will be lookinh forward to reading the forums here and finding out some info.

Well, lets start while i'm here.

What, (in your humble opinion) would be the first mod I should make?

Check out my garage and let me know!!

Cheers boys and Girls! :victory:

Welcome to the Nav forum,

and even better the change from yota.

Hi Super Tourer, welcome to the forum.

First ride mod: 2" lift + spring/shock replacement (which you're doing)
First engine mod: 2 3/4"-3" exhaust/dump pipe/high flow cat & muffler.

Just my 2c, and what I got the best return from.

Edit: Just saw your garage, if you are thinking of fitting 285/75's definately consider exhaust.

welcome

I agree with jason and if you can get the Calmini for that price then that's a sweet deal. Have fun

Just saw your garage, if you are thinking of fitting 285/75's definately consider exhaust

A mate made me up me 2.5in Mandrel hi flow exhaust on my toyota. So will be employing him asap on this truck as well. Cant wait for it to be lifted. She's farking low at the moment! Wouldnt even conider taking it off road as it is! I'd rip half my undercarriage out!

Latest posts

Back