Heat switch not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooko

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2005 3.0lt str and the heat awitch hasn't worked since I had my gearbox re built a few months ago the switch lights up but the revs don't come up like they use too

any advice or help would be great
Thanks Cooko

you will prob find the switch on the gear box has not been reconnected (the NPS or neutral position switch) , the mechanic prob left it off because they are nothing but trouble. so he ether thought it best to not put it back on, or it was playing up and he just left it off.
either way i would leave it off, you really dont need it and it does no harm at all not having it.
I left mine off after it played up for over 250,000km and had it down the snow for weeks and still never needed the heat function.

If you do want to reconnect it you will find it by removing the rubber boot from around your shifter and look on the hole and you will see a blue plug from memory and it will more then likely be unclipped in your case., just plug it back together and take it for a spin, if you get any surge in power in in particular gears then it will be faulty and just unplug it again.

Last edited:
Back