Headlight globes - are these legal in Vic?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Howdy folks - one for all you legal guru types.

Are these legal in Vic?

The packaging states they are only suitable for off-road or show cars.

The distributor is in Victoria and tells me he has checked with Police and Vicroads and they are okay for use.

I always thought globes with a full blue glass were illegal - and I have been told that when purchasing aftermarket globes for the Nav.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25115713...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3891wt_1157

Your advice will be appreciated.

Dunno if it's legal or not but going to high a colour temperature (towards the blue, high end of the visible light spectrum) will not improve brightness. In fact you start going backwards. They maybe as bright but our eyes are more sensitive around the natural daylight temperature.
Not only that those blue things are distracting and give other motorist the shits.

Packaging says they aren't legal for road use, but the bloke who wants to take your money off you says he's checked and they're fine...

Ooooooookay....

Dunno if it's legal or not but going to high a colour temperature (towards the blue, high end of the visible light spectrum) will not improve brightness. In fact you start going backwards. They maybe as bright but our eyes are more sensitive around the natural daylight temperature.
Not only that those blue things are distracting and give other motorist the shits.

Thanks Tappet. I fitted them today - because it's an easy job - and I must say it certainly is a different light and although clearer, definately not brighter than the globes I had in.

It's the blue that concerns me and when I looked at them from a distance there is a definate blue in the lower half of the headlight.

For doc's benefit - The packaging also states to check with local/state tarffic laws before applying to your vehicle.

Last edited:
They will only attract undue attention , and as said above " gives other drivers the shits , having said that ive yet to see a copper pull a headlight globe to see its specs

I reckon Steve's right. If you don't give cause for inspection, then it probably won't be an issue. That being said, I do believe that 4000k and lower is the acceptable colour "temperature" according to ADR51.

Latest posts

Back