Bi-Xenon HID not always working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2greedy

Reaction score
Hi guy's

i have fitted this Bi-xenon hid kit to a 2005 Navara and they won't always light?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11082147...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Now for some reason when i turn my lights on there is no low or high beam? but sometimes if i pull my light stalk back while lights are suppose to be on, when i let the stalk go they will light.

now once they light they will work fine on both low and high until i turn them off?

any ideas guy's?

So they flicker then turn off? Or attempt to light and switch off? If yes, replace the ballasts

bugger! i just bought the bloody things too, and he keeps charging me for extra ballast's and even sends the wrong bloody ballast's! it's taken me nearly 2 months to even get the things to even look like working.

2greedy said:
bugger! i just bought the bloody things too, and he keeps charging me for extra ballast's and even sends the wrong bloody ballast's! it's taken me nearly 2 months to even get the things to even look like working.

Yeah I had the same issue with a greedy eBay seller. These are the ones you want
By far the quietest unit and most reliable I've used. Nice and solid not like those godawful aluminum ones most retards sell

Attachments

• image-1728920160.jpg
    image-1728920160.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 113
eBay. In the lower scale price wise those are the best you'll get. Unless you want to spend good money on them.

On an iPhone bud sorry. Can't link.
Type in the exact description in that ohoto

Bit of an update on this guy's, i have noticed after starting the vehicle and bringing idle revcs up a bit the lights tend to light instantly, it seems there's not enough power if vehicle is not running, and even when running you have give it a rev before they will turn on?

i have that issue with my spotties, they have the nasty silver alloy ones, if i turn them on without the car running sometimes only 1 comes on. the headlights are ok now, but i did replace those ballasts with the slimline ones because the 2 original big nasty ones died.

these were the ones i got, well similar anyway i got them 12 months ago now but they are working fine http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35W-Car-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae887e110

it depends if you have 35w or 55w though..

Did you wire them in properly? Did you connect the power (fused wire) direct to the battery? and make sure all the earthes are connected to a good earth.
I have run HID's for years and have had a few ballasts die but when a ballast dies it will not lights and from what you described by pulling the stalk back and then it working is weird because the bi-xenon kits will remain lit and only move the bulb between hi and lo beam so it souldn't restart the ballast. Soulds like you may have a power problem or the relay box it stuffed.
Also make sure you get12 volt AC ballast and not the cheaper DC ballast. The AC ballast last longer, don't flicker and are generally better.

Hope that helps...

Mate.... I'd be checking teh Earthing of teh Ballast 1st. I had something similar and it turned out to be poor earthing. Did u run an Earth back to the battery for the ballast?

Mate.... I'd be checking teh Earthing of teh Ballast 1st. I had something similar and it turned out to be poor earthing. Did u run an Earth back to the battery for the ballast?

Yes m8 have run good earths and checked with multimeter and all earthing fine, when put in another vehicle they seem to light on but only if the vehicle is going?

anymore suggestions guy's as to why they won't light?

sometimes by just turning lights on they will fire but most times i have to have lights on and driving lights switch to on and then pull indicator stalk back as in passing mode, it's as if the driving lights when they fire once you let the stalk go then the HID's will fire up?

Now this is weird as the headlights aren't hooked into the driving lights, only via high beam feed?

now we have tried these lights in another vehicle and they work perfect! all connections are perfectly clean and tidy and checked with multimeter, it has got me stuffed.

Is there any auto electricians here that could suggest a fix or something? cause it's a pain having to fire up driving lights in town just to get headlights to fire, not to mention how annoying it is to other ppl.

Back