• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Buy Braided brake lines?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
received them today, was a mission fitting them. had to cut off two of the rubber lines to get the new ones on as the nuts were too tight and I rounded them. Went to the brake shop to buy replacement nuts and now they leak! FFS nissan make life hard

I hate when crap like that happens, a small job turns into a big dramma.
I hope its an easy fix from here mate.

Hi guys

Just to let you know I spoke with Lindsay (Diesel Geek) and the group buy price is still a go and you can still put in for a set if you need some (which I just did myself)!

cheers

Hey guys

Just had my braided lines fitted. Had dramas with one front line not sealing properly cause of swarf in the fitting from not being cleaned out when machined. Not bagging the product as it is top quality just informing people to check the tapers in the fitting for swarf and shavings etc.

Mechanic had to file the swarf off to stop it from leaking and it was working now but have to keep a super close eye on it.

Thanks for the great deal on these lines

If fitting these yourself I suggest buying a flare nut spanner as it will make your jobs hell of a lot easier. The spanner will stop you from burring the flare nuts and having to purchase new nuts and a flaring kit to make new ones as I had to do

I got a question guys , I just fitted steel braided throughout my 12 d40 stx and I honestly can't feel much difference in the pedal feel . The only difference I do notice is when I'm stopped I can't push the pedal as far down as I used to be able to . Is it me or is this something everyone else notices ? Not trying to piss on the thread just asking a genuine question. I know one thing about steel braid lines , and that is that they wont rip off everytime I get bogged hahaha

Cheers

I got a question guys , I just fitted steel braided throughout my 12 d40 stx and I honestly can't feel much difference in the pedal feel . The only difference I do notice is when I'm stopped I can't push the pedal as far down as I used to be able to . Is it me or is this something everyone else notices ? Not trying to piss on the thread just asking a genuine question. I know one thing about steel braid lines , and that is that they wont rip off everytime I get bogged hahaha

Cheers

You will not get as much brake fade on repeated heavy braking either!

Mate I think the same. I actually feel like I have less braking now. I have bleed them three times and there is no air in them but the first part of the pedal feels like its not doing a lot. Just what to add that I am using different lines to the group buy ones. So has nothing to do with the lines sold here. Could it be the extra length?

Cheers

I should also note mine are not from the group buy either . My mechanic explained to me that with modern braking systems they will only allow you to apply a certain amount of brake preasure abs Vdc ect . But saying that I haven't had to stop in a hurry yet either . I wouldn't think length would effect it ,as once the system is pressurized the length of the line shouldn't effect it , but I'm not an expert on this and thats just my opinion.

Length can have an effect on rubber lines. They tend to expend more the longer they are. A bit like putting your hand over the end of your vacuums hose with it turned in but in reverse if that makes sense.

Mate I think the same. I actually feel like I have less braking now. I have bleed them three times and there is no air in them but the first part of the pedal feels like its not doing a lot. Just what to add that I am using different lines to the group buy ones. So has nothing to do with the lines sold here. Could it be the extra length?

Cheers

I agree about the odd pedal feel for the first half inch to inch of pedal. I feel a very light slow down but after that mark its pulls up very well. That's even with a dodgy line at the moment. I do like its overall feel thought. A lot firmer and I can feel it grabbing firmly.

Lindsay has been super helpful with the faulty line that wouldn't seal properly. Great customer service and backs his product up.

Rusty

I don't know if it is because of the length of the front once. Mine are 2" longer but being braided should compensate for the length. They don't really need to be longer in my opinion anyway. The rear yes.

Might see if i have enough time to fit mine up tomorrow.

Cant say with the D22, but I think the extra length of the front lines may be a bit more important on the D40 if you run after market UCA, and gain extra droop

Might see if i have enough time to fit mine up tomorrow.

Cant say with the D22, but I think the extra length of the front lines may be a bit more important on the D40 if you run after market UCA, and gain extra droop

Did you get your lines done mate.

I don't know if it is because of the length of the front once. Mine are 2" longer but being braided should compensate for the length. They don't really need to be longer in my opinion anyway. The rear yes.

I agree with the fronts not needing extra length but ohwell. I have the lengthened ones installed already.

Rusty

Has anyone with a d40 fitted theirs yet?

I've put off fitting mine due to the initial feedback being less than convincing.

Considering making this a Christmas break project but at this point not convinced based on post's thus far.

Anyone?

Latest posts

Back