Genuine roof rack fitment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattJansky

Reaction score
Hi guys, search wasn't showing up the thread I remember seeing ages ago about something similar mentioning this but my question is; what is the way to go about fitting genuine roof bars? Do it myself or get it done professionally? Where to get it done in Melbourne?
Bought a set new off ebay with everything needed

image-206695747.jpg Well it's just these so obviously track mount if that's what you were wondering

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

Exactly right, measure 10 times drill once, and fill the holes with silicone before you rivet them :)

Thanks guys.
Should I get a price from nissan for fitting or not bother with them and try find somewhere else? Because Ive heard they're pretty crap and lazy with these things

East side of Melbourne
I'll have a look around was just after recommendations if anyone had any

don,t use the supplied solid rivets as there too strong and do not squash down enough to make a solid grip on the thin sheet roof. i used a softer aluminium rivet set of the same size as the supplied rivets.

Run silicone the length of the mount, it will hold 10x what the rivets do.
Just go easy as it will squeeze out, spray excess with soapy water and wipe off with your finger.

Try and get all the drill swarf(shavings) out, and paint the holes with some paint to stop any chance of rust from the bare metal from drilling the holes, I used some seam sealer on the rivets on mine when I did it, it's the stuff they use on vehicle seams as it stays soft and flexible and doesn't cause rust. Some silastics can react to metal causing rust

Latest posts

Back