General Question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phxeent

Reaction score
Hi. Just wondering if someone could answer a Silly Question for me. Where the crankcase( Blowby ) vent hose goes back into turbo. When its disconnected ( @ idle ). How come there is a steady stream of air blowing outward?.. from turbo end When @ Revs its nominal suction?. Just thought there would be suction @ all times???

Thanks

Nathan
2013 D22

the crankcase hose doesnt go back to the turbo directly but to the intake hose after the MAF (assuming you have the YD25 common rail) and it doesnt suck air but blows all the time, amount depends on engine revs. so blowing outwards is what it should do.

Hi Thanks for your Reply
I understand the Crankcase Breather should blow outward.( toward the turbo inlet side) I am talking about it blowing outward from the turbo side?? @ idle?

Thanks

YD25 CR

could just be intake pulses bouncing back and forth. each time an inlet valve shuts it puts a pressure wave back up the intake.
however the other thing is worn valve seats. for piece of mind check the valve clearances.

Latest posts

Back