Funny story...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teleman191

Reaction score
I bought a snorkel kit off 4wd superstore (formerly tigers11) in lilydale. It was 120 bucks and had everything needed to fit. I was chufed really cause snorkels are expensive.

So I take it to my mechanic mate across the road from work and they tell it's all good. It's made for the car and the template is all the right way and all that jazz. Great I'm thinking.

I get a call from them at about 3pm saying they hit a snag. There is one part of the kit that doesn't allow for factory dual battery's. All the parts are correct but this one part that has a massive loop right were the battery is.

So hopefully my mechanic can source this specific part from Nissan and all will be good.

I guess a cheap snorkel kit is to much to ask.

I got caught with the same issue with the safari i ended up removing the battery whilst the original battery would start it i ended up fitting a larger cranker on the other side.

Attachments

• IMG_3271.jpg
    IMG_3271.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 111
Yep, genuine nissan and airtec from tjm are the only ones that fit with dual batteries...

I have had my batteries split for close to the 3 years the car is old now and it has always started fine...

I bought a snorkel kit off 4wd superstore (formerly tigers11) in lilydale. It was 120 bucks and had everything needed to fit. I was chufed really cause snorkels are expensive.

So I take it to my mechanic mate across the road from work and they tell it's all good. It's made for the car and the template is all the right way and all that jazz. Great I'm thinking.

I get a call from them at about 3pm saying they hit a snag. There is one part of the kit that doesn't allow for factory dual battery's. All the parts are correct but this one part that has a massive loop right were the battery is.

So hopefully my mechanic can source this specific part from Nissan and all will be good.

I guess a cheap snorkel kit is to much to ask.

Two months ago,they told me it wouldn't fit the dual batt models,were waiting on new snorkle.Hugh

SOLVED!!!!

So after going through every option from fabrication to just buying a new kit, we found the the best cost effective solution.

My mechanic mate supplied a battery that has the same cranking power rating as the original, but is HALF the dive of the original.

So nothing had to be modified and I scored another battery.

This is the first time I have not bought a "genuine" accessory and it will be the last as after 3 days of figuring this thing out, it ended up costing me almost as much as a genuine Nissan one.

Silly I know, but it's on and it works and that's what's important.

I went to pertek for some stuff once and got talking to the bloke and he was showing me some flexible piping he said 4wd buy them all the time for their snorkel kits because its flexible and an easy install. .

Latest posts

Back