Fuel sender D22 diesel picture

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtr19

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have a fuel sender unit for a diesel d22 they can post a picture of. Would be even better if it was beside a tape measure.
Thanks
Dtr

Thanks that would be great. I am trying to diagnose an issue with the tank and didn't want to pull it out to check.

I have a 137 L tank that I can only use about 119L. I can't remember what the pick up looks like and was wondering if somehow it is broken or cracked. I was also going to check the length versus an external measure of the tank.

Thanks for the pictures. As I suspected there is a filter on the pickup. I am worried it is no longer attached. I think the tank is going to have to come out.

interesting, sure its a 137ltr tank? i just put a LRT in my ute and had to tweake the pick up pipe to fit the sender unit and the green "filter" properly, the mob that had fitted the tank in the original car it cam out of just took the top half the green filter apart, I got one from nissan for $32 and im pretty sure it was they only one in aus.

Cheers
Bryan

Im not sure if its a "filter" I think its more of a pickup to get the very last bits of fuel from the bottom of the tank

When I get to about 118L usage the pump starts to rattle and the engine has slight hesitations. Luckily the 3 times it's happened I have been with 1/2km of a service station. I did blow back down the fuel line with high pressure air after the filter blocked with metal after I first installed it (obviously didn't flush it well enough). I figured the plastic might not have survived the pressure. The manufacturer was quite defensive but adamant the tank was 137L. Claims not to have been questioned on the capacity in 15 years of manufacture. I can olnly trust that they properly measured it. I couldn't tell how much the first fill was as i took an unknown quantity drained from the original tank and put that in before filling.

Really can only be a problem with the pickup or the tank is smaller than stated. I will know when I pull it out and check.

From the sounds of it, it will be the pickup. If the green bit has dislodged then it could be sucking air before you have used the rated capacity of the tank...

From the sounds of it I should look into buying a new pickup before pulling the tank out especially if it is not available in oz.
Thanks for the heads up.

See if Nizzbits or patrolpart have one. Will be a lot cheaper than Nissan. Im 99% sure they are the same part

Latest posts

Back