Fuel Rail Limiter/Banjo Bolt Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's the chip without the limiter disc Rusty? We just fitted one to a friend's D40 and he seems happy with the stock tune. From what I've read there's no need for the limiter disc mod if you're happy with the power of the tune you have loaded and there is no flat spot. Was surprised a bit by the take off from stop, wasn't expecting my head to be forced into the headrest.

Last edited:
Hey toy.

The chip is fine atm without the limiter mod. I have no flat spots and haven't upped the tune to need it. I have setting 5 of 15 and will keep it here until I really need the extra power. No flat spots no lights no limp mode so far so it must be set right atm. I also have the boost controller set at 19psi.

I would like to know the real difference between not having it and having it in. Whether its increase in power or just an increase in fuel economy cars the limiter has be closed off.

Rusty

That's nice to hear. As far as I know having the limiter disc in shouldn't be different from not having it in the lower tunes. I think it just allows more fuel in before the rail pressure relief valve opens? So in the lower tunes it shouldn't matter since the pressure is relatively low compared to the higher tunes.

the rail mod is only needed for the higher tunes if you experience flat spotting or in my case it was to overcome the engine going into limp mode

Ok so I'm not gonna bother with the limiter as of yet. I do have one thing thats buzzing me. For the commonrail d22 drivers with chip. I have a vibrating noise in 3rd gear from a low rpm then putting foot down to pickup speed quickly. It's like a metal on metal vibration but doesn't do it in any other gear. Any ideas and has anyone else got same rattle?

Na mate its a metal on metal quick vibration then nothing. I use caltex vortex diesel and its the only thing I use in it. I also run chemtech diesel power or genuine Nissan diesel additive in every 2nd tank and sometimes more often. I'll have to go through and tighten everything I have undone.

If it's metal-on-metal then you could have something the manual D40s were suffering from - vibrating clutch piping. Put a piece of foam in behind any tubing running on your firewall and see if the sound goes away.

Ok so I'm not gonna bother with the limiter as of yet. I do have one thing thats buzzing me. For the commonrail d22 drivers with chip. I have a vibrating noise in 3rd gear from a low rpm then putting foot down to pickup speed quickly. It's like a metal on metal vibration but doesn't do it in any other gear. Any ideas and has anyone else got same rattle?

Hey Rusty
Has the vibration been there since you've done the exhaust and chip?
Sounds like the exhaust might be the culprit if it's fowling on something or solidly mounted where it may have had some movement before

Only noticed since chip was put in after dump pipe got fitted. I think it may be a loose heat shield or metal bracket somewhere under the car. It could even be the bashplate maybe I'm bot sure until I get time to have a look over everything

Back