fuel filler, fitting tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyhodgkin

Reaction score
hi all, i'm in the process of fitting a tray to my d22, and am just wondering what everyone else did with the fuel filler? the shroud is big and ugly lol, and wont bolt up to mounting plate that is on my tray, just wondering if people modified the old one or bought a newer/simpler one, if so where from.

Havn,t done anything with mine, Just left it as it was and tied it up

ok, one of those things ya meant to get back to but never have? lol.

i've bought a second hand tray off a rodeo and have modified the mounts, wired the lights up, still got mudgurads, undertray boxes and headboard to make up, but once i'm done i'm going to get it blasted and painted so i wanna get it right the first time.

I wanted steel, But i got my alloy for $122 of ebay it came off a 03 navara, So lights just plugged straight in, i need to bring the mudguards out a little, Not to worried about the filler atm, Bloke i know is going to make a fuel tank up to fit at front of tray for me so will fill it up on top of headboard and let it feed into main tank, New tank should hold another 70 litres

Ah k sounds good. I got quoted 3800 for a new steel tray with all the bits an pieces. So I bought this one for 700 I reckon once I've done all that I need too it'll be about 1500 all up. Still can't beat 122 lol

i just put a tray on mine and wondering what im going to do with the fuel filler, its cable tied to the tie down rails atm, did u get yours sorted? if so how?

Yer I have the same problem. The previous owner put an ama tray on and a long range fuel tank but never changed the fuel filler over. Asked tjm about it and they reckon they use a genuine Nissan or Toyota one when they do long range fuel tanks for mine vehicles and such but cost like $400. Just a massive pain trying to fill 120 litres.

I got mine sorted, cut the big ass ugly head off with the angle grinder and there's a bracket thing on the filler hose so I bolted it to the front mud guard

Back