fuel economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caferacer

Reaction score
hi all, not happy with nissan aust. my economy was good getting 750kms with 72lts of fuel every tank fill. After the 40k major service economy is getting worse. Still now getting 620kms even though i had the injecters replaced at 90k. My driving habits hasn't changed and wondering if its the intercooler getting dirty and the compressed air is not getting cooler enough. I drive a 2008 navara D40 2.5td 6spd manuel duel cab not carrying any weight. kms it has now 130000kms Any one know what the cause is........thanks

check the air filter has been changed and also the fuel filter.
i would suggest also doing a ecu reset, especially if fuel filter was changed.

hi all, not happy with nissan aust. my economy was good getting 750kms with 72lts of fuel every tank fill. After the 40k major service economy is getting worse. Still now getting 620kms even though i had the injecters replaced at 90k. My driving habits hasn't changed and wondering if its the intercooler getting dirty and the compressed air is not getting cooler enough. I drive a 2008 navara D40 2.5td 6spd manuel duel cab not carrying any weight. kms it has now 130000kms Any one know what the cause is........thanks

Can i ask what the ute was doing before the injectors went? was it noisy? and did you notice the problem or did the dealer?
Thanks, Nathan

It is possible for the intercooler to be getting quite grimy from the oil in the blow-by. Fit a catch can before taking any further action, then give the intercooler a good clean - using unleaded fuel as a solvent is okay, but make sure it gets a chance to dry out before refitting.

It is possible for the intercooler to be getting quite grimy from the oil in the blow-by. Fit a catch can before taking any further action, then give the intercooler a good clean - using unleaded fuel as a solvent is okay, but make sure it gets a chance to dry out before refitting.

what tho can be done to clean that filthy sludge from the IC outlet right through to the inlet port...without having to pull the engine down???

Can i ask what the ute was doing before the injectors went? was it noisy? and did you notice the problem or did the dealer?
Thanks, Nathan

Hey nathan i noticed the fuel economy went down and the power was hopless like i was towing a heavy load. As far as noise there was a engine knock when you start it. Nissan said nothing wrong with it. I went to MTQ Turbo Diesel Performance in Dandenong and found injectors 2 3 and 4 are stuffed. Went back nissan with a report and THEN they fixed it. But it cost me $250 bucks which nissan didnt want to pay.....

Hey nathan i noticed the fuel economy went down and the power was hopless like i was towing a heavy load. As far as noise there was a engine knock when you start it. Nissan said nothing wrong with it. I went to MTQ Turbo Diesel Performance in Dandenong and found injectors 2 3 and 4 are stuffed. Went back nissan with a report and THEN they fixed it. But it cost me $250 bucks which nissan didnt want to pay.....

Thanks for getting back to me, i was curious because my D40 seems a little noisy when im maintaining any speed or revs, but if i accelerate harder it goes away. Nissan keep saying that it is normal but i just cant help think its not.
Might take it to Berrima diesel in my area and get them to have a look.

Do you know what or how they tested the injectors?
Is there any chance you still have a copy of the report you got from your mechanic?
Thanks again,:cheers!:
Nathan

Thanks for getting back to me, i was curious because my D40 seems a little noisy when im maintaining any speed or revs, but if i accelerate harder it goes away. Nissan keep saying that it is normal but i just cant help think its not.
Might take it to Berrima diesel in my area and get them to have a look.

Do you know what or how they tested the injectors?
Is there any chance you still have a copy of the report you got from your mechanic?
Thanks again,:cheers!:
Nathan

The report dont have anymore sorry... they used a scan gauge which some how sees the fuel flow. Cant remember the name but its something like that. Hope that helps ya..... cheers

Any device capable of interrogating the ECU through the OBD port can report current fuel flow rates.

Nathan, if you get an answer from Berrima Diesel about it, I'd be interested in the result. I'm not sure, but I think mine does that - and although it nearly disappears altogether when I add some 2-stroke to the fuel, I won't say that. It's possible that it's caused by a poor cetane rating changing the burn characteristics. I didn't experience this with BP fuel - only with Shell.

Latest posts

Back