Formula 1, 2012

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to disagree.....even tho I'm no fan as such of F1, I will defend the event for Melb and Australia

Fair enough but we could spend the money in alot better ways than an over priced car race that has to pamper to the rest of the world. How many other forms of racing in this country are dictated by overseas times and factors. If it was indeed Melbourne or Australia's race then why can't they dictate the time it's run?

If we do have to have the race the money would be better spent put into improving Phillip Island and making them race there. It's a shit of a place to get away from after race weekend and I no longer deliver bread there so I don't have to put up with the influx of orders but atleast it's a pre-existing race track and doesn't need to shut down half the city for 2 weeks.

And besides Adelaide did it so much better than Melbourne has.

Wouldn't say Melbourne does it better, well at least from and orginisational aspect. It just lacks charecter. It's so bland. I guess Adelaide had the advantage that it was right in or at least right on the edge of CBD. I think Melbourne's race has run they may have it for another couple of years but that will be about it. I do think that Phillip Isalnd would be a better propostion for it but in the end it's all about the money, broadcasting rights and advertising and our +10hrs UTC time zone is not helping.

Google is your friend. As you can see most of the corners are named. They are just named after people.

Attachments

• albert park.jpg
    albert park.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 34
  • australia-lap.jpg
    australia-lap.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 39
  • track.jpg
    track.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Phillip Is or any other city has NO hope of having the F1...it races in Melb or the country misses out.
Half of melb does'nt close down to hold the race, infact its only a road or two within the Abert park lake precinct.
If Bernie thought Adelaide was better, it would be back there but it aint.
Melb/Albert Park Lake is also the historical home of the Australian F1.

I know it has no chance of going to Philip Is but that doesn't mean it wouldn't make more sense to be there. And I beg to differ about how much of Melbourne has to effectively close down because of a few actual streets being closed. A few closed streets has a flow on effect on so much more than just those few streets but the converts who actually see the GP as a viable thing wont ever see it the same way.

The thing that's always got me is how much money they keep saying it looses yet if they didn't give away so many free tickets one of two things would happen, we'd see just how many people really support the race and they'd actually buy tickets or there would be half as many people there. Getting freebies into the GP in Melbourne is about as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

Beer doesn't come in barrels so unless you are drinking girlie wine you might just be :ha:

I know it has no chance of going to Philip Is but that doesn't mean it wouldn't make more sense to be there. And I beg to differ about how much of Melbourne has to effectively close down because of a few actual streets being closed. A few closed streets has a flow on effect on so much more than just those few streets but the converts who actually see the GP as a viable thing wont ever see it the same way.

The thing that's always got me is how much money they keep saying it looses yet if they didn't give away so many free tickets one of two things would happen, we'd see just how many people really support the race and they'd actually buy tickets or there would be half as many people there. Getting freebies into the GP in Melbourne is about as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

well, I drive everyday and had no trouble getting past any of the main streets around the park......Beach rd, Queensway, Fitzroy st or the St Melb side....
The so called "the world ends when the gp is in town" only comes from the arty farty gays that live or dont live in the areas, people that dont know and the media.

as for the money, well, lets not build or fund anymore ...

Arts and arts centres paid by the public purse, football or soccer stadiums, private schools.....etc.
What about when Melb really stops when they hold those city to surf walks or bike rides....thats total kaos....not the GP.

And so what value does all the millions of taxs payer built arts centres bring to Melb??

Gays don't fart do they?

Besides somethings are best left to peoples imaginations.

Latest posts

Back