Flushing oil concentrate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello navarians
Anyone out there got any tips or tricks for flushing the motor when doing an oil change? I have been looking at the flushing oil concentrate from cost effective maintenance at around 100 bucks as mentioned by another member in the what oils are you using thread.

Aquick google shows nulon and wynns do bottles for about 12 bucks'anyone used any of this stuff?

Ive also heard of the old timers trick of putting a half litre or so of diesel into the oil and idling it for half hour or so prior to oil change but I am a bit reluctant to do this to a modern common rail.

I have the zd30 motor.
Cheers

Think you'll find a recent thread (although I'm not sure of the title) suggesting that a diesel flush is not the best idea. I don't remember the whole story but I'm sure it went into some detail and was on this forum.

I wasn't aware the ZD30 was a common rail. Anyway i've always just run the vehicle for a few minutes, heat the oil up a little. drain it and then add some fresh oil to the filler and allow to drain. I am very dubious about putting chemicals other than the prescribed oil type into the engine as I do not now what effect they will have to viscosity and the weight of the oil afterwards. Whatever you add will leave traces in the engine so I just stick to the specified lubricating oil. I'm no mechanic by any means so if anyone has some good info I too would be interested to learn more.

Cheers Krafty.Found it.Talks about kero and diesel I wont be going down that road.
So wynns? nulon? cost effective maintenance anyone?

Only the GU in Australia runs the commonrail ZD30.

It will be a direct injected motor unless its been converted.

Anyway as for the flush, if the oil changes have been done right it should be fine.

Doh.........
Cheers Dave
Ill be doing some more research on my zd30 specs now
This forum really is teaching me a lot.........and a little about computers as well

I should say 2007 and On are commonrail.

Before that they were direct injected to with the injection pump.

Latest posts

Back