Flood Relief Appeal Events

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara09

Reaction score
Hey Guys i had an idea about raising money for the Flood Relief Appeal. I have seen it on other forums for when the fires went through on black Saturday. Each State should do a 4wd day trip that has donation of $10 per car to come on the trip. Then we add all the states together and donate that to the flood relief appeal. And it wont just be for Navara.Asia members you can invite mates if you want. What does everyone think of that idea? and would anyone be keen?

Sounds awesome...we would have to organize some kind of loop as there isn't many roads we can use at the moment!

VNOG Have a date on the 30th at Jells park for a BBQ. Will do a whip around then.
Does anyone know if goods and clothing is being shipped north? If so we will arrange that too.

Bloody top idea Navara 09.
Aido I won't be at the Jells park meet up but I will see one of the members before then and give it to them to pass on.
I saw the salvo's on the tele tonight and they said money donations are better than clothing because they can purchase things as they need them.With all the clothing and food that was donated to the fire appeal half of it was thrown out.

We should get a couple of people in each state to be the people that organise it and handle all th donations for the event. I am willing to put my hand up for the wa event and if there is anyone else that wants to help put your hand up to.

With all the clothing and food that was donated to the fire appeal half of it was thrown out.
I was thinking about that yesterday...I took a van load from our local salvos over to the depot off Wellington rd during the fires. Instead of turning it into rags to make money to pay the underpaid uni students to ring me to ask for more there should be a "Bank" setup and held for times of crisis. It may be years apart ( hopefully ) but clothes and personal needs dont change. The mountain of donations I saw was more than enough to clothe every Australian for a week.

And like the fires...dont forget the animals
https://donate.rspcaqld.org.au/flood

RSPCA Brisbane HQ has been evacuated and had to foster out over 120 animals they were caring for.

I think it's a great idea. A daytrip sounds good, we are pressed for time for some weeks yet but can manage a Sunday. Somewhere really central to NSW - meaning more convenient for Sydney guys - would be good, maybe a "light duty" track up Lithgow way? We don't have new tyres on our rig yet, we just replaced all 5 tyres on the caravan and I'm waiting for another pay before I cough for the BFG ATs I want to put on the Navara, so the track will have to be fairly easy.

We could do a day run to Mt Panorama if we wanted to stay on sealed roads. With the new highway, Bathurst is only 3 hours from Sydney. Another possibility is the Appin/Picton area, or Southern Highlands ... perhaps a day run through Robertson/Jamberoo Pass/Kiama and return?

I might make a thread for NSW as well, while I get my wife to check how busy we are in the coming weeks.

VNOG get together at Jells park to collect for charity. I am providing the BBQ with all proceeds collected going to charity.
Please show your support by attending as a show of strength for those affected.
Stickers available with proceeds going to the relief appeal.
Links on the VNOG Blog for donations beforehand.

Still researching the legalities of running a raffle ( gaming etc ) but looking at doing a set of tyres, a bag of recovery gear or just vouchers to help raise funds. All proceeds to flood relief.
Given our numbers of active members here on the forum we should be able to raise at least $2k. A set of tyres runs between $1200 - $1400 at retail so looking for wholesale to reduce it through talking to the local tyre store. Tickets would be around $40 - $50 a piece.

Go boys. Bloody great work.

Aido - I'm sure with the helpful spirit throughout VNOG and Nav owners everywhere we could raffle some donated grog /stubby holders/stickers at Jells Park and the lads will snap up the tickets.

Aido - I'm sure with the helpful spirit throughout VNOG and Nav owners everywhere we could raffle some donated grog /stubby holders/stickers at Jells Park and the lads will snap up the tickets.

Sell them online too for those of us who can't make it

I believe not-for-profit raffles where the proceeds (minus the cost of running the raffle) are forwarded to a charitable fund are excluded from the Lotteries legislation.

Social organisations conduct private raffles all the time. This should be considered the same thing.

The only people interested in pursuing this sort of thing from a legal standpoint is the Office of State Revenue and the ATO, and neither of them would be asshole enough to lift a finger against a raffle that is run voluntarily to support the victims of a disaster like this.

Is anyone in WA interested in doing a day trip? I have posted under the WA thread but have been no replys.

Floating this idea before for discussion.

Supercheap Auto is Auswide and available online ( even though the Brisbane warehouse is underwater at the moment)
What about a raffle of Gift Vouchers?
1st $100
2nd $50
3rd $20

Tickets will be $3 a piece
4 For $10
10 for $20

1000 tickets available and will be drawn when all sold or by a specified date ( Mid Feb?)

This will be nationwide.
How will it work?
I'll start a post and those wanting to purchase will post a reply stating how many tickets they wish to purchase and transfer funds - direct transfer - to a nominated bank account. I understand there is a trust issue and as such I will be down the bank in the morning to make enquires whereby we open a specific account with at least two trusted and long time members of the forum as signatories.
When funds are deposited then tickets are written and assigned but not before.
Drawing will be conducted in the presence of others and the vouchers mailed out immediately.
All proceeds less $170 will be then donated to the relevant appeal.
Included in the official post will be a poll of which organisation should receive the funds ( just to complicate things a bit more )
1. the Premiers Releif appeal
2. Salvation Army
3. RSPCA
4. any other nominated charity that is assisting - open for discussion.
Percentage will be sent to the relevant agency.
Thoughts please and discussion.

Latest posts

Back