Excuses Excuses

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave 2011

Reaction score
Okay, I have posted a number of times now on this forum but I have never started a new thread so here goes.

I was wondering what excuses people have come up with in relation to their pride and joy (yes I mean your Nav). This could be excuses to get out of doing something or excuses we tell people in order to get those mods we crave.

Two I have mentioned before on this forum are:

1- I don't wash the Nav as their is calcium in the water which hurts the paintwork (not sure if this is true but I stick to it regardless)

2- I got a lift kit (which I had been dying to get for ages) to increase the gap between the road and the larger fuel tank. My missus agreed on the larger fuel tank as she saw the practicality of it but would only agree to the lift kit when I told her this excuse. It does have some degree of truth but like I said, I wanted that lift kit no matter what!

Good thread Dave.

1. Suspension - so I don't get stuck again and you have to come and get me (I got stuck in my Triton and she had to drive the Rocky up bush to get me out).
2. Bigger tyres - ditto
3. Bigger spotties - cause it's too dark!
4. Chip & exhaust - uses less fuel.
5. Suspension mods (shackles and UCA's) - cause Matt's getting them!!

The rest I just didn't tell her about!

I need a set of scotty's sliders, so samuel can climb into the car easier ... and so he wont hurt himself falling out of the car ...

It worked, we even drove up together to get them fitted .... LOL

The rest of the stuff wasn't excuses - it was either with permission, or i asked for forgiveness later.

Ha ha love it, I used the same excuse for my suspension ridgie after we got stuck up at double island with a fast incoming tide, the canopy to keep the dogs out of the rain, tyres and rims cause the other ones slipped in the rain.....now im working on the snorkel and exhaust.... Going to save me fuel. Lucky our wives don't talk and mine hasn't band me from this site!

hmmm ... a new exhaust will save fuel .... hmmmm ... i wonder if my wife will buy into that one ????

Some people ask for permission...
Some people ask for forgiveness...

I asked my solicitor to file the divorce papers. It was easier.
(well told in fairly uncertain terms actually)

These days I get a lift on the truck (etc) because I want it.

I wanted to buy a canopy so I said "I'm buying a canopy"
I wanted to buy a portable Nav system of my own making I said "I want a Nav System"

Actually I don't ever remember needing an excuse to spend money on anything. I want I buy, she wants she buys.

I always have excuses to get out of work I don't want to do though. One of the advantages of working for myself and making my own hours means no one in the family ever really knows when I'm doing paid work or just bumming around on the net, since both look very similar. The missus knows the difference between the Nav.asia website and a design program from a quick glance but the rest of the family don't.

My money I spend on what I want.

Her money, she can spend it on what she wants.

She dont like it, Ill find a younger ditzy chick who doesn't care.

Just chicks in general. I have decided, no chicks older then 18-23 these days.

The older ones are drama queens.

Not quite there yet, but the Nav is getting a snorkel, bullbar and winch as SHE wants to go to FNQ next year for family history stuff and while we are there, we might as well do Cape York.

Also managed to get away with "the weight of the bullbar should also help with those road humps" That got a smile as I said it just as we hit a nasty one.

Unfortunately, I couldn't use the fact that we will probably do the Condamine Gorge sometime next week as an excuse to get a snorkel.

HAHA that's hilarious, don't worry in a few years you'll realise the error of your ways :suicide2:

My trick was to first invite them to go on a camping with one of the groups I belonged to. Sorted out the drama queens very quickly. Very efficient method.

tyres and rims cause the other ones slipped in the rain.....now im working on the snorkel and exhaust.... Going to save me fuel.

That reminds me, I'm getting a snorkel fitted soon. Told her that a snorkel would make the Nav more economical on fuel, not sure if this is true but she agreed. I also replaced the stock tyres with bigger ones as these are safer on the road.

Great thread Dave (2011) - wouldn't want Dave to take the credit as this not a poll!

My first justification was required just to buy the Nav. I needed it fit the two tin lids in as my RTV Falcon ute wasn't up the job.

From there it has been a mix of seeking permission thru to forgiveness depending on the circumstances.

Great thread Dave (2011) - wouldn't want Dave to take the credit as this not a poll!

From there it has been a mix of seeking permission thru to forgiveness depending on the circumstances.

hear hear ... on both points ....
( oh boy am i looking forward to the muster - but WE better becareful, because OUR misses's might hang the sh't on us ...)

I always knew that I should have moved over east instead of to the Kimberley. Really annoyed that I am going to miss the mUster, sounds like it is going to be a blast. Miss out on everything living in WA.

Organise a WA muster dave there is enough WA members here to get something going.

Edit: Or do you need an excuse :ha:

Latest posts

Back