Euro/Ebay 'chips' and your experiences

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithbro

Reaction score
I know there have been many threads about these, I have used the search function. What I cannot find is information from long-term users of these 'chips' which just play with the fuel rail pressure. There's plenty of threads with people saying "wow what an awesome upgrade, heaps of power" etc, but nothing about whether they have run them on/off road for extended periods and checked how their motor is actually coping.

I am looking at ordering something like this - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-Bo...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bbfad1cb

Has anyone actually run these for an extended period of time?
Did you put your truck on a dyno and raise the boost etc to make your EGTs happy? Or was this not required and it ran happily with stock boost and no other changes?

There exactly the same as the first chip it chips just without the $1000 price tag i spoke to a guy in the uk said hes been tuning chips for 8 years and besides the onecthat change injection flow he is yet to see one thats better than another!

This is a classic case where you need to be specific as to which engine you are referring to.
The ZD30 or the YD25.
It doesn't help that some of the ebay ads state that they are suitable for either. Perhaps they mean they can supply a unit for either motor, if you specify which one you have.

stay away from fuel rail chips in common rail engines, there a cheap(for the supplier)and nasty way to increase performance
the injector extend chips are smarter and safer IMO for a common rail diesel

older style pre common rail fuel pressure chips (zd30 ect) have good reviews

if you do go with a rail pressure chip in a crd I strongly recommend you fit an egt gauge with audible alarms, or run the risk of melting your pistons ,splitting fuel rail,blowing tips off injectors.......

cheers

stay away from fuel rail chips in common rail engines, there a cheap(for the supplier)and nasty way to increase performance
the injector extend chips are smarter and safer IMO for a common rail diesel

older style pre common rail fuel pressure chips (zd30 ect) have good reviews

if you do go with a rail pressure chip in a crd I strongly recommend you fit an egt gauge with audible alarms, or run the risk of melting your pistons ,splitting fuel rail,blowing tips off injectors.......

cheers

Hi mate

I've ordered the no-limit chip. Not going to run it permanently until I have EGT and boost gauges installed. At this stage I'll be positioning the EGT probe in the dump pipe. Gotta figure out what sort of temperatures at that point are OK.

Latest posts

Back