Engine Stalling D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappie

Reaction score
Currently at Streaky Bay. Off to Ceduna tomorrow with the D40. New problem started 3 days ago. Car stalls at low revs but when up and running not a problem. Too dangerous to tow the caravan. As mentioned previously and from search on forum definitely sounds like SCV. Hope it is an easy fix. Any other suggestions??

Run some Liqui Moly purge through it. Or, if you're mechanically minded, remove (carefully) wash SCV in petrol, lubricate it with some deisel and replace..

Do a FUEL PUMP RESET..

Start and see.

Run some Liqui Moly purge through it. Or, if you're mechanically minded, remove (carefully) wash SCV in petrol, lubricate it with some deisel and replace..

Do a FUEL PUMP RESET..

Start and see.

Tested and no fuel pressure at low revs. Having new fuel pump installed due to time factors and weekend coming up.

I have the same problem. I changed the fuel filter about 2mos ago and now it's doing it again (last night and this morning), engine was kind a hesitant and stalled but it will start up and died out (for about 3x of starts and stalls)and it will be fine again. Engine is warmed up, It happened when I was down shifting. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
In the morning, pop the bonnet and pump the fuel primer. It should be easy for 3-4 presses at the most then should firm up. If it takes more than 5-6 presses there's an air leak somewhere. Central o-ring in the fuel filter must seat absolutely perfectly.

Latest posts

Back