Engine shutdown

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wozzah

Reaction score
Driving to work the engine shut down on three occasions.first for a couple of seconds, second for about 5 minutes, last for about 15 minutes. With error message on dash. Nissan says no codes have come up. Now want me to pull off all non genuine wireing. Brake controller wireing to canopy lights. Asked them if they have a genuine brake controller ? No. Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks wozzah

Check the main power feed to the controller. Some Auto Electricians tap into the engine control circuit rather than direct to the battery to save time. It is convenient for them as it is always live and close to the stop light circuit. I saw this on a 08 d22 3 years ago it was causing similar problems to yours.

It does NOT happen on mine, and I have a Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake controller. It's wired direct to the battery via a 30A thermal breaker in the engine bay.

I'd investigate John's idea. The STX550 seems to have a reliable ECU earth so it isn't likely to be that. It could always be a dirty battery terminal. The ECU draws a reasonable amount of power while the engine is running - you might see some indicator lights but they don't draw much power.

Mine did the same but also the cruise would not work leading up to shutdown. My 4x4 would not engage any mode. It turned out to be 2 relays in the transfer case that Nissan apparently had not come across before.

Latest posts

Back