Engine noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkarlos

Reaction score
Giday all,
My Navs done 2k so far. Is it normal to have a bit of "tappet" noise in the engine while it is cold.? Sometimes its really loud but tends to go away somewhat after its warmed up. Don't know if I am being paranoid or not so I just thought I would throw you guys this question.

Thanks...
Karlos

It's diesel injector noise, not your tappets. It's perfectly normal.

You can nip along to a Navara outing in your area and have a listen to everyone elses' just to fully ease your mind.

Thanks Tony, The funny thing is if I fill up at the local independent servo the noise is louder than if I fill up at a shell or BP....... Maybe the local guy is selling me bio diesel or something....

There's a chance that is happening.

The best recommendation to give is not so much which brand (although I do prefer Shell myself), but what kind of outlet to use.

Large outlets that generally service trucks will turn over their fuel more often and would therefore have fresher fuel than small outlets that might supply a small fraction of their clientele with diesel.

Latest posts

Back