Engine Mounts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
To save me a long search in the forum, has anyone done the engine mounts on a D22 2003 ZD30 motor.
Would I need to use a hoist or can I just jack the motor up to replace them.
cheers
Cliff aka Oldie

Last edited:
Good question- I would be thinking engine crane and one at a time! You know In the five years I've had my zd30 I haven't even looked to see if you can get them out through the engine bay or from underneath! I will have a look tomorrow for you... cheers

I don't like your chances, it's tight as a drum under that engine, not much room I'd be thinking. I'd use a crane just to be on the safe side, wouldn't want to damage the motor, or worse, yourself.

Just wondering. Has anyone changed the mounts on a 2003 duel cab 4x4, D22, ZD30 motor.
The closest I can find in the mongrel workshop manual is for the YD25 motor.
The manual says you have to take out the motor and the gear box.
Surely you can jack up the motor to do it ??
Or is it coz of the rear gearbox mount.

SM1E-1D22FG1 EM page 143. It doesn't say anything about removing the mounts on their own, your just going to have to wing it.

Attachments

• engine removal.JPG
    engine removal.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 128
Had the mounts replaced today on the old girl. Just as well I did.
RH engine mount rubber had torn away and the gearbox mounts were stuffed.
Cost a bit to have them done as I didn't have the gear to do it but I'm bloody glad it got done.
The old girl almost seems like new, well not quite new LOL

I didn't watch them do the job but they used a cradle setup that lifts the motor and gear box enough to replace the mounts.

Latest posts

Back