engine error code

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emir

Reaction score
hi guys,

few days ago, i turned on the beast ( d40 thai built 2010 st with 115k on the clock) let it warm up and took off as usual. within 2 km when i stoped at the red light and waited for it to turn green... i took off and noticed a huge loss of power/ revs... the car was idling fine but lost heaps of pressure. no matter how much i tried to rev. the revs only creeped up slowly. i pulled over and turned the car off and turned it back on and it was fine as though nothing had happened. i drove over to the my diesel mechanic and hooked up the computer and ran a scan....
came up with engine fault which had me worried when i read the fault it came up with fuel pump...i was definantly relieved i erased the code and turned on the car and took it for a test drive and it drove normal, normal revs, normal idle normal throdle control everything ran smooth. 2 days later the same thing happened..

seeing that i change oil and filters every 5k... also having changed the fuel filter twice. new filter has only passed 10000-13000km dont think its the filter...

i think i may have got a bad batch of fuel?????
has anyone had a similar problem??
i hope its not the injectors :(
car is currently still running normal and does not show any faults?

thanks in advance for the replies

You've not posted the actual code that it threw, so it's not helping.

Things it could be are..

1. Fuel Pressure Releif Valve that is on the Fuel Pump.. It might be poppin thinking there is too much fuel pressure.. This was a common fault (Not sure on the 2010 though)

2. Fuel Filter is dirty and not flowing enough for the fuel pump.. Given that it's done 13000km, it could be this.. For less than $100 change it out and rule it out.

Search for both on here and see if your symptoms match..

I have had this problem happen to me countless times over a 4 years I have had it back to dealers have had the SCV replaced a number of times fuel filters as well the last time problem occurred within 100 klms of work being done have even spoken to Nissan customer service and 3 different dealers they all say they have not heard of this problem before, a mate of mine has a 2012 STX D 40 tells me he has had the same problem 3 days ago is going to mention it to dealer when it goes in for service next week.

sorry for bad explanation black outlaw it showed no faults on the dash, there was no fault code displayed... but when i ran the diagnostic computer that hooks up under the steering wheel and ran a scan, an error showed on the engine section, when i opened the area it just said fuel pump thats all it was showing nothing else, i thought 13000km was ok considering that they should be changed every 40000km so ive heard..

thanks for all your input guys.

how would i check the suction control valve??? and the fuel pressure relive valve???

Cajun, has the problem been solved with your car now?

thanks Janssen i really hope its something minor as i got plans on lifting the car and getting some new 33's ... i would hate to be set back

If injectors need to be replaced every 40,000km I'm in a world of trouble.

Suction control valve diagnosis is something that's only been done by the dealers as far as I am aware - we know they've been an issue because people complain of similar problems to yours, they take their car in, the SCV gets replaced and the problems are gone.

That's why we think it's the SCV. I guess it could be air/water/crap in the fuel too. Use any home-made biodiesel in the tank?

To date the problem has not been rectified they had my car for a week when I got it back some one from the dealership some one managed to write off the front bumper they admitted fault I have just got it back from repair. it is an intermittent fault and hard to track.

hi old tony, lol injectors dont need to be replaced ever 40k , what i meant was the fuel filter ... if that was the case i wouldnt be complaining coz my injectors are fine so i think... im on 116000km with n issues other than this intermittent problem. i will speak to my friend at nissan and see how much a scv is and might just replace that and the fuel filter.... i ran the fuel down and put in some shell diesel from one of their new servos and havent had the problem for the past 250km... hopefully it was just a bad batch of fuel... worst case scenario ive got reciepts for petrol and i only ever filled the car at united... so worst case scenario is going through insurance if the fuel system is completely buggered. fingers crossed its not that though..

like i said :) car is due for a 2 inch suspenssion lift and some wide tires and rims. if this doesnt turn out to be a problem ill probably start a thread on my rig :)

"Bad fuel" can do it. I use quotes, because there's it's not so easy to quantify.

Most recommendations for fuel sources go along the lines of "high turnover, new tanks", so truck stops and brand new servos are the first places to look.

However we've bought fuel from a little outback servo (Kings Creek Station, NT) and didn't have a problem with it. Lucky? Maybe. Biodiesel? Likely, but commercial biodiesel in Australia should not cause any drama to our engines. It's the home brews that would cause more grief - filling up your tank on cooking oil and getting old chiko rolls and scallops caught in the filter are a sure sign you need to go back to dinosaur fuels.

I asked that because I have met someone that makes their own biodiesel (from cooking oil). Older engine, yes, not a common rail, mechanical injection, and on 100% bio it was purring like a kitten - so people ARE doing it successfully.

I wouldn't trust united fuels few people had probs down here and they swear it was the united fuel.

thanks Old Tony, i really am convinced that this was the case with my car, as im on my second tank of fuel since the problem happened and it hasnt happened again. nevertheless i will be replacing the fuel filter in the next few days just to make sure its not clogged or dirty.

and Big Zetor i think i might start filling up at shell for a change its only 1.5km up the road from mine, (united was about 600m away from home though)... i will let you guys know how i go, and i might go past nissan in werribee as my friend is the parts manager there. ill see if they can check out my SCV as i have no idea of how to test it.

Latest posts

Back