EGT Sensor Fittment ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAD

Reaction score
Hi All.
just trying to work out where to fit the EGT sensor in my D40 . I received a digital EGT gauge and sensor the other week and wanted to fit it but was unsure where the sensor went ? I searched the forums but can't seem to locate a thread pertaining to it maybe I am not punching in the right phrases. Any advice and pictures would be great as I wold love to get it fitted soon

Thanks Greg

I used the the place where the egr pipe bolts onto the exhaust manifold...easy access..as i had the egr blank fitted anyway i just removed the egr pipeing and fitted another blank with the egt sensors nut welded to the blank.you need a long egt probe for this to work tho.this way you get a nice hot and accurate reading as its fitted pre turbo.post turbo works fine just reads a bit cooler.

Hi Thanks camo.b that sounds alright , a few photo's would be nice if you can , if I read this right you had a EGR blanking plate for the exhaust side with the sensor probe mounted through that and removed the EGR pipe completely. Never thought of it that way but I suppose your mounting directly in the exhaust stream pre turbo. Only problem as said is probe length of cable, but that could be extended, as it only is two connectors on the end of the probe wire.

Thanks Greg

Latest posts

Back