Egt gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav.22

Reaction score
Hi what's the best egt gauge to go for and what do I look for the specs? What to look out for any help would be great thanks

Looks the goods have u got one were did u mount it what's the go with the mounting type option ?

ive just installed auberins. Very happy.

I drilled and tapped exhaust manifold, big pain in the arse, dont do it unless your confident in your abilities. i removed the turbo so i could clean out the swarf etc. took all of 5 hours, this was just the sender unit and everything went well except i had to run a die nut on one of the turbo to head studs.

I wanted to tap right at turbo outlet but manifold is an odd shape and wouldnt of got drill in there anyway, there is a nice flat bit between 3 and 4 cylinder where drill gets in if you remove coolant hose, and an extendable magnet easily gets the swarf.

I like the way you can choose your thread options with auberins, I went with 8mm with a 1mm pitch thinking I can go 10mm if I stuff it up.

Edit...should probably add 05 zd30.

Last edited:
U mounted the probe just beside the turbo under the heat shield ? That's were I was going to mount it were about in the cabin did u mount it I was thinking of getting a stnd circle gauge but these seems like a better option when ordering what one did u go with

Yes just beside turbo, I notched heat shield for a nice fit, I will try to get a pic of it later or do a thread on it.

Inside cabin another big pain in the arse to mount the 3 gauges I wanted to fit, I ended up fabbing a bracket and removing the single din tray under stereo, I have a single din stereo, so it worked out.

The pic is of the first bracket i made, I didnt like it so I changed gauge orientation, I still dont really like it but Im hoping it will grow on me.

Second pic is second bracket I made with boost, water temp and egt all in place.

Attachments

• 20140704_233521.jpg
    20140704_233521.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 20140704_233352.jpg
    20140704_233352.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 213
That looks pretty good did u buy the kit from the above web site ? What kit did you go for ?

Caterpillar and Cummins put their probes about 150 to 200mm after turbo . if thats good enough for them, that will do me .

Looks the goods have u got one were did u mount it what's the go with the mounting type option ?

Yeah Ive got two, one for boost and one for egt. The quality on their sensors and thermocouples are 2nd to none - in fact a lot of rotary guys who keep burning out thermocouples with their brand name guages switch to the auberins thermocouples and swear by them.

I just used a couple of big ****-off cable ties and strapped them to the console plastic near my left leg, was originally a temporary fix but three years on it hasnt moved. A bit ghetto but does the job.

I mounted my thermocouple in the dump pipe (with the dump pipe out of the car) and notched the heat shield to suit. It wasnt a big job at all apart from the studs on the back of turbo needing an overnight soak in WD40, but i was replacing the dump pipe at the time anyway.

I believe the mounting option type is the type of bung you want.

Last edited:
Yes just beside turbo, I notched heat shield for a nice fit, I will try to get a pic of it later or do a thread on it. Inside cabin another big pain in the arse to mount the 3 gauges I wanted to fit, I ended up fabbing a bracket and removing the single din tray under stereo, I have a single din stereo, so it worked out. The pic is of the first bracket i made, I didnt like it so I changed gauge orientation, I still dont really like it but Im hoping it will grow on me. Second pic is second bracket I made with boost, water temp and egt all in place.

:blingbling: :congrats: Looks great mate

That looks pretty good did u buy the kit from the above web site ? What kit did you go for ?

I got the exact combo one rabbit chop has linked.

Some people have put them in that card slot thing above left air vent, I went to trouble of making fascia panel coz I could do it at work and get the other 2 gauges there as well.

Caterpillar and Cummins put their probes about 150 to 200mm after turbo . if thats good enough for them, that will do me .

Yep, I was just going to do dump pipe but mine is still standard and I may make or buy a better one later and didnt want to revisit it. I wanted the gauge sooner rather than later and decided if I go to the effort of putting it there now I wont have to touch it again.

A couple more pics just for you lot,in the first you can see where I mounted it between cylinder 3 and 4 and in the second you can see how heat shield fit with a notch cut out.

Attachments

• 20140705_105639.jpg
    20140705_105639.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20140705_105257.jpg
    20140705_105257.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back