EGT and boost questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4nav

Reaction score
So had EGT/boost gauges installed and was just wondering what's classified as "normal" and then high EGTs ??

And Boost wise max is 15 psi . Thought these went to 19 standard ?

I'm in a 08 2.5 yd25
3 " turbo back exhaust snorkel egr blank

Cheers 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx John 👍🏻 if I put a boost controller wound it up a bit would that get more from turbo ? Or I'd need to also up the fuel so a remap or chip too ?

I was getting about 17psi Max with mine, but it depends how accurate the gauge is. Mine is a mechanical gauge, so could be the accuracy difference between electronic and mechanical... As for egts, just try and keep them below 550-600c is the general rule, if it starts getting up there, just back off a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

How easy is the old style manual boost controller to install ?

Thx John 👍🏻 if I put a boost controller wound it up a bit would that get more from turbo ? Or I'd need to also up the fuel so a remap or chip too ?

More air without fuel will do nothing for a diesel - might give you lower egt's. Depending if there is a boost cut off the ecu might ramp back fuel if boost goes too high, but I'm not 100% on that one, someone else please clarify.

More air without fuel will do nothing for a diesel - might give you lower egt's. Depending if there is a boost cut off the ecu might ramp back fuel if boost goes too high, but I'm not 100% on that one, someone else please clarify.
That is correct. Seeing as the yd25 in the d22 doesn't have a boost or map sensor though, it would be interesting to see how high the boost can get before going into limp mode...

Also, you need fuel to make boost, it is the heat in the exhaust gas that spools the turbine, so as you said, just winding up the boost without increasing fuel results in lower egts, until the boost cutoff kicks in.

I'm not sure what the cutout is on the YD, mine has been running 19 for 3 years now with great results. When the tuner had it on the dyno he played around with 22psi for one run. The ECU didn't complain.

Yeah they normaly will bring it up 3psi without ajustment but you obviously would need to monitor it.
Depends on how good quality the controller is. I have one with a remote adjuster on it, it has a t piece with a ball bearing and a spring in it that sits in the wastegate line and an adjuster that can be fitted either under the bonnet or in the cab. With the adjuster closed all the way I only get 18 psi on the boost gauge when giving it to it. The only reason I fitted it is to eliminate wastegate creep as the spring in the diaphragm ages. At this stage I have no plans for a chip or remap, but I have the boost adjuster attached to the fuel filter bracket, so if I decide to chip or remap it I can easily increase the boost...

I'm not sure how much of an increase one of the inline ones would give you, but if you want to fit one with a boost gauge also, make sure the boost gauge tee is fitted to the turbo side of the boost controller, not the wastegate side. That way you will still get a correct boost reading...

So it's apparent your still bored !

Get back in your corner and eat your crayons you spastic !!!

You still got sand in your vagina? Believe it or not, I help where I can, because when i SEARCH something and can't find it i ask here and someone else helps me, and i actually acknowledge their input and take it on board.

5483.jpeg

Got your attention didn't it !!😂😂

I won't bother justifying what I do or don't do in the way of searches on here or google to a negative keyboard warrior like yourself . It's open forum u don't like what I post don't comment simple really.

Femfresh great for vaginas

8===👊🏻==D💦💦

Got your attention didn't it !!😂😂

I won't bother justifying what I do or don't do in the way of searches on here or google to a negative keyboard warrior like yourself . It's open forum u don't like what I post don't comment simple really.

Femfresh great for vaginas

8===👊🏻==D💦💦

One comment, on a different thread, expressing my incredulity how long it takes to do something that simple when you have half the forum helping you, and your ignoring 90% of the people offering sound advice,b when you could have done a quick search in the 1st place, you chuck a hissy fit when i tell you in no uncertain terms how to fit an MBC, see diagram above, call me every name under the sun and a keyboard warrior in the same breath!
Apology accepted and your welcome.
I consider it my job as a member who has recieved a lot of help from this forum over the years to help and contribute where my limited knoledge allows, also to question and call out bullshit when i see it that would be misleading.
I talk exactly the same way as i write on here.

Latest posts

Back