EGR Mod - YD25 kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutnut

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have seen on the YD25 webpage that they have a kit that removes the pipe that goes into the inlet manifold and may effect flow as part of the EGR block. Is this neccessary or a better thing to do than just the plate? Also have many people with DPF done the EGR mod and had no troubles, as I read on a overseas forum that if you have a DPF the EGR Mod is not recommended due to the EGR playing a role in the regeneration process. Anyone any thoughts on this?

Cheers

There are many many users on here with DPFs that have blocked the EGR, haven't heard any complaints yet. My understanding was that the ECU injects fuel after combustion when it needs to due a DPF burn off.

I would have thought it would be best to be as stealthy as possible seeing we are changing emmision managment.
I did the plate and you would never know just by looking at it and have had no problems with it.

I'd leave the pipe in place to. Not much chance of being caught but if you do the fines are massive. I did read somewhere on here that they blocked it off at the Turbo end of the pipe and thought that was slightly more beneficial. Both ends would probably be the go as if the exhaust gas cooler gets a leak the coolant has nowhere to go except into the pipe.

Is there a fine for dpf removal? I was under the impression that cat removal was a huge fine but ive never heard or any fines for dpf....

With the yd25 kit..ive done basically the same...when you remove the egr injection tube from the intake manifold its quite large and if you have done a few KMs unblocked it will have a large amount of cooked on oil on it.probably doubling its size..
Can only hinder performance but i noticed nothing when i removed it.more than happy i have tho.

Is there a fine for dpf removal? I was under the impression that cat removal was a huge fine but ive never heard or any fines for dpf....

With the yd25 kit..ive done basically the same...when you remove the egr injection tube from the intake manifold its quite large and if you have done a few KMs unblocked it will have a large amount of cooked on oil on it.probably doubling its size..
Can only hinder performance but i noticed nothing when i removed it.more than happy i have tho.
Technically a dpf is an emissions control device... and it is illegal to remove any emissions control device, so it will be illegal. It will also affect the euro rating of the vehicle as they would have fitted them to meet whatever the standard was at the time. I'd say the changes they made in the engine on the later models meant they met the euro emissions standard without needing a dpf....

Yeah I'd say so... heard on the radio this morning that vw are in trouble in the states for having emission control devices working when testing, but off in normal driving hahaha

Latest posts

Back