EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will be a generic code and not relating to the Nav. What was the code number it came up with?

How do I find the code number? There has been no warning lights or alarms go off or anything? I have Ben thinking it might not be the plate as its so random

How do I find the code number? There has been no warning lights or alarms go off or anything? I have Ben thinking it might not be the plate as its so random

So using the torque app I got code P0546 EGT high temp bank 1' it's happening and going in limp mode constanly now so today I checked all fuel hoses were tight and fuel filler, reset ecu it's still doing it so I've taken the blank plate out. Not happy.

So using the torque app I got code P0546 EGT high temp bank 1'

As I said earlier it's a generic code they have given you as the discription would relate to a V6 or V8 engine having two cylinder banks.

Also the D40 doesn't have the ability to read the EGT's on it's ECU.

I've checked all my D40 codes but can't find that one in any of my lists.

My suggestion would be to remove the EGR plate and then take it to the stealer and jump up and down (nicely as it gets better results) as it's still under warranty.

Oh and remember to keep us informed what happens to possibly help someone else in the future.

Has anyone had problems with the EGR mod who's done it to the new 2012 Spain model?

Disregard, should have read earlier.

Last edited:
After reading through nearly 40 pages of EGR goodness...I probably changed my mind whether or not I should install one...about 40 times lol

I think the jury's out....just bl^^dy install the thing!...So my question is after going onto ebay to purchase one...I have a choice, could you please assist...I have a 2011 ST-X 2.5, is mind a euro/series 4 or 5?? Just don't want to buy the wrong one?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Dan

After reading through nearly 40 pages of EGR goodness...I probably changed my mind whether or not I should install one...about 40 times lol

I think the jury's out....just bl^^dy install the thing!...So my question is after going onto ebay to purchase one...I have a choice, could you please assist...I have a 2011 ST-X 2.5, is mind a euro/series 4 or 5?? Just don't want to buy the wrong one?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Dan

Mate I would do it all day long I had trouble on my 9/12 build but after and reading and talking to a few people there looks like a bad batch of egr sensors on the new ones. As for your euro 4/5 I got my plate from the uk via eBay search this item number 110989296302, look at the pics in the listing and you should be able to see if it fits. The seller sells all modes so if your still unsure just buy both still cheaper than au sellers and resell the wrong one. In short do it much more responsive and noticeably better on fuel.

Mate I would do it all day long I had trouble on my 9/12 build but after and reading and talking to a few people there looks like a bad batch of egr sensors on the new ones. As for your euro 4/5 I got my plate from the uk via eBay search this item number 110989296302, look at the pics in the listing and you should be able to see if it fits. The seller sells all modes so if your still unsure just buy both still cheaper than au sellers and resell the wrong one. In short do it much more responsive and noticeably better on fuel.

Thanks for your help mate much appreciated!

Yep i was in the same boat i was worried about doing until i said bugger it is will do it. I have spend the last 6 months kicking my self for not doing. a simple job not only gave me very noticable imprvement in fuel economy but it just drove alot smother it seemed to boost and make power much easier and i have not had any problms what so ever.

Then i combined it with a chip and i love it.

Did this mod on the weekend (08 Outlaw) and wish I'd done it sooner.

I bought the plate from Rob @ Chip-It in Sydney & fitted it in about 20 minutes.

Using the seat of the pants-o-meter ... the low down turbo lag seems massively reduced with visbily less smoke.

Money well spent ... definitely.
Number of spanners embedded in the gyprock out of frustration ... NIL!

hi guys, quick question, do you block off the EGR on both sides? or is just the drivers side ok?

We're just trying to determine that now. There's a chance that only blocking the intake manifold side of the EGR tube will cause a build-up of soot and oil in the tube which could dislodge and fall out of the EGR tube, then get drawn into the turbocharger.

Mine is blocked on the intake manifold side only, and I'll soon remove it and check it.

I did this mod back in jan this year...removed pipe and made a blanking plate out of 2mm sheet steel,added a second gasket and bolted it back up.did the intake side...got a noticable improvement on my 08 king cab.now the wether is cooling down its even better,now im chirping my 33's everywhere...less smoke and less turbo lag.
Great mod

We're just trying to determine that now. There's a chance that only blocking the intake manifold side of the EGR tube will cause a build-up of soot and oil in the tube which could dislodge and fall out of the EGR tube, then get drawn into the turbocharger.

Mine is blocked on the intake manifold side only, and I'll soon remove it and check it.

Having only done the intake side as well ... this concept concerns me just a wee bit.

Anyone who's had an EGR plate in only the intake side ... for a solid number of km care to check and comment?

Having only done the intake side as well ... this concept concerns me just a wee bit.

Anyone who's had an EGR plate in only the intake side ... for a solid number of km care to check and comment?

My EGR mod was done some time in July 2010.

Today, I removed the EGR pipe from the intake manifold and noticed that there is a very small amount of black soot inside the pipe, and the blanking plate is in perfect condition.

What I SHOULD have done is left the tube loose and had someone start the engine and see if anything came out of the EGR tube - which would tell us if the tube was blocked at the other end.

I need to make one qualification here - I rarely ever let my engine exceed 3000rpm, and even climbing hills with the caravan on the back I'll not exceed 3500rpm. It's possible that the lack of strain encountered by my engine might also make it not behave the same way others would with higher temps and higher exhaust flow rates.

Just fitted the EGR blanking plate and took it for a quick spin , the midrange is so much punchier , amazing , turbo spools up much faster too
I live in the hills here and there’s a rather steep hill in this estate that at , the speed limit the ute would not pull up in 4th , I always had to change back to 3rd , well not only did it go up un 4th , it accelerated , off on a long drive for work tomorrow , so we will see how it goes then , iam smiling ☺

Last edited:
So..... I'm going to make my own plate and install in on the DRIVERS SIDE ONLY. From what I can tall, there are no problems, at least short term, in doing this?. The ute is on lease and I'm going to trade it at the end of the year for a new D40 anyway.

Latest posts

Back