EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys just want to double check before i go ahead with this mod. that is the egr circled yes?

Attachments

• 20121231_183900.jpg
    20121231_183900.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 319
hey guys just want to double check before i go ahead with this mod. that is the egr circled yes?

Erm......what model is that on because the place I installed my plate looks like this:

20121203_204608.jpg

Is it just a different model or have I had a "rodney you plonker" moment and installed it in the wrong place.

Mines a 2012 ST. I presuming I have the right place because the plate did fit perfectly but the pipe was on the front of the engine right behind the fan shroud:
20121203_204539.jpg

Hi Guys,

I have the STX 550 with the V6 turbo diesel and have had a couple of issues in the past few days with RPM not going over 2800, and cruise control locking on. I spoke to the Service manager today and he thinks the EGR valve is sticky and I cannot go over 2800RPM only does it when the car is very cold.

What I want to know, has anyone done the EGR blanking Mod to the V9X engine yet?

regards Matt

EGR plate does work on the V9X engine, I gained alot of low down power and not dowy onto boost anymore. No faults or engine lights. :) happy days.

I have a 2012 st spanish built. Fityed the EGR blank plate 2 weeks after i got it and does not seem.to have made much differemce??
Had my car in for the 1k inspection and the loan navara they gave me that had only 200kms on it wenr like the stink... Could there be something not right with mine?

Probably not.
The EGR mod, mainly, is useful for keeping your intake clean. The other side benefits are just that, side benefits.
I've not noticed anything post egr mod with my vehicle, but I am happy I am keeping the intake side of things a little cleaner.

It's physchological ....

Thought as much... Is hard enough for me getting use to the change, ive come from a ford focus XR5 turbo

I've not noticed anything post egr mod with my vehicle, but I am happy I am keeping the intake side of things a little cleaner.

Same here, no real difference in umph noticed here. Only small thing I've noticed is that in hill starting on our driveway (got quite a slope on it) I don't need to,give it nearly as many revs to pull away. Used to stall at anything less than about 750-1000 with foot reasonably pressed. Now comfortably pulls away at around 750 with foot not nearly as close to the floor.

Ok, where I really noticed the difference was above idle. Around 1100 to 1500 RPM mark, Just on that intial progression of boost. Top end and idle felt the same. Fuel consumption did come down 9.5l per 100 down to 9. Was very happy about that.

Finally did mine , as said a bit better on take off however my car has only done 4000 klms. I look at it more for the preservation of the engine over time.

Hi all, i spoke to my mechanic about the EGR blocking when I had my 40k service. I asked what he thought, his reply was "don't wanna know you if you do it"

He said Nissan put the EGR on the engines after the 3.0TD in the earlier D22's were melting pistons. As for the soot going into the engine, the engines are meant to get periodical carbon cleaning done on services.

I know a lot of people have done it with no dramas, but they've obviously done it for good reason so I'm gonna leave mine on. In saying that, I average 8-8.5L/100km so I'm really not complaining about effeciency, but the getting rid of the bit of boost lag woudl definitely be nice!

Back