EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same. The change in the feel of the car from 27km till now is a lot different, shifts smoother (manual) and the turbo comes in way harder than it did last week. Only thing I've noticed from the blanking plate is I can sometimes hear the turbo "howl/whistle" through the exhaust but only with the windows down

The main thing you will notice (or not if you don't service it yourself) is the oil stays cleaner for longer. The "problem" with doing the egr mod on a new car is you don't really feel a difference because the motor hasn't been run long enough for the egr to cause too much carbon buildup. I blocked my d22 off at around 7000km and can't say I noticed a difference but it seems to come on boost quicker but I can't really remember what rpm it maxed out at before, but I can get 17psi (Max for d22's) by around 2500rpm if I get up it enough. In saying that, even after that many km there was a bit of buildup in the egr pipe but not a lot compared to the older ones..

Well I have 4 only egr plates left. I won't be having anymore made now. My laser cutting man is way too busy now to bother with the little order any more. Great news for him, things are really going off for him. The stuff that can be done with those machines is surprising and fascinating.
I'd like to say it has been great dealing with the forum members supplying the plates. Restored my faith in bloody people.......Cheers
Pm me if you want one that's left. John

Edit: Dave does the YD25 plate now as well as the ZD30.

Last edited:
Thanks for the plate John.

Put it in today, and my initial thoughts are that the power delivery is smoother across the gear changes. Its probably more noticeable on mine as it has 200,000+ kms on it.

I will monitor to see if it as smokey as before.

I have a 2007 D40, i have a blocking plate but never put it on. I talked to a guy at my local diesel mechanics (they also service the ute). He told me i should block the egr on a standard motor. He said it causes a rough idle and over boost the motor. What do you guys think i should do fit it or leave it stock. If i fit it should i run a boost gauge.

Mines a 2007 also. i put mine in about 30000k ago and no issues my scangauge shows no boost spikes. it has a little less lag when starting off. and no crap going back into motor..i dought it would cause idle issues...i have had idle issues before i installed the plate .usually due to diesel quality and suction controle valve this causes the motor to hunt up and down occasionally.... id go for it...

My EGR pipe burst apart at an ideal time the other night... on the way home from a mates place - try sneaking that bad boy up your street at 1am!

I got on to Ignite Mechanical in Stafford who made me up a couple of blanks and installed them last night. Very happy with their price and service btw.

There is no question that the car has more torque down low, it walks off the line compared to how it was. No more shuddering in gear at 1000-1500rpm, no more slipping the clutch off the line either.

One of the best little mods I've ever done and I expect the fuel bill to prove it.

Purchased a DPF dump pipe from Chip It ( not fitted yet)and it came with an EGR blanking plate.
After fitting the plate I have gotten an extra 40K's before the fuel light comes on. Can't wait for the pipe to go on!

I fitted the blank plate to my 2012 D40 today and run her around today with absolutely no issues or warning lights (drove about 70km in all). However I didn't drill a hole in the plate as I've read about here.

Given the fact I've had no problems does this mean Im lucky and don't need to drill a hole or is it just a case of no problems yet? Obviously would like to avoid taking it all back off again to drill thevhole if I can but don't want to have an engine die and go into limp mode moment.

In terms of the difference the plate has made, I have noticed I don't need as many revs to pull up our quite steep driveway and generally pulling away from lights and junctions she seems a but more spritely. I've only done 7k since new but there was still a good amount of soot in the pipe when I took it off to fit the plate so can believe this is going to do some good.

Cheers

Steven

I've done over 16000km with my solid blank plate and no issues, pretty sure the d40 gets away with it with no issues, the old man's triton has a hole in his but the engine light still comes on

Latest posts

Back