EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being lazy, I haven't read all 26 pages in this thread and at the risk of angering some, I have a few questions which can hopefully be answered.

If we block the EGR valve off, where does the EG go and does matter?

I read that blocking the EGR off makes the motor run hotter. Is that noticeable on the temp gauge?

Does the increase in temp bring about any problems for the motor?

Is there any noticeable improvement in fuel economy?

Will it help keep the engine cleaner?

What are the downsides to doing it?

I'd like to hear from those that have the mod for some time and what they have noticed over that time.

Thank you all.

I gained approx 1LPHK in better fuel economy and a very slight noticeable power increase

EGR blanking

Hi There, I'm new to the forum...only joined today!
Found you forum while doing some research on the whole EGR thing.
I orderer my blanking plates off ebay and hope to have them soon.

Will put them in and provide some feedback from my own experience.

Regards,

...well....gues what? the parts I ordered using Ebay are the wrong plates!!!

My own fault, looked at the year model and not at the actual plates!

Now I suppose I will have to make my own...'

Bugger!

Last edited:
Just installed my ERG plate on the drivers side.
10 min job with a 12mm socket and extension.
Here are pics so new ppl to this mod wont have to go through all the pages. :)

ERG location
img3008p.jpg

2x12mm nuts removed
img3010xi.jpg

Block off plate 3mm steel
img3011r.jpg

Plate slotted in place.
img3013b.jpg

Last edited:
I blocked mine about a month ago has definitely reduced the turbo lag on take off,
but i am now using more fuel has anyone else had the same outcome.

Hi There, I'm new to the forum...only joined today!
Found you forum while doing some research on the whole EGR thing.
I orderer my blanking plates off ebay and hope to have them soon.

Will put them in and provide some feedback from my own experience.

Regards,

...well....gues what? the parts I ordered using Ebay are the wrong plates!!!

My own fault, looked at the year model and not at the actual plates!

Now I suppose I will have to make my own...'

Bugger!

most likely u got the euro 3 which is what i got off ebay...euro 4 is the roudish looing plate

what year is yours navdog because my 06 rx has a square hole blanking plate' I recentley did my other o8 rx and it was the round hole blanking plate like the one you have shown.

Hi All

Just installed EGR blocking plate (thanks jjohn for the plate). Fitted in 5 minutes.....easy as!

Have gone for a quick drive and noticably less smoke. Jury still out on accelleration & fuel economy. I will monitor and let you know.

Most importantly, no crap going into the engine and hence cleaner oil.

Ian

egr mod done,

Tony thanks fer the photocopied gasket, worked perfect (only had put my holes slightly off, now they're special 'oval' holes) on the .060 inch ally , put it in with some hylomar gasket material on the intake side,

i am surprised at the low down performance increase, and pleased with the fuel economy increase as well (.1-.2 l better) trucks now running somewhere between 8.8l/100 and 9.0 i figure not bad for 160k on the old girl

keep in mind i am doing moslty freeway driving too and from work

I wonder if alloy will corrode too much for this application. I'm wondering how many may have a problem down the track.
Don't mean to be a kill joy.

Last edited:
I'll be picking up my new d40 st in a few weeks time and plan on doing the egr block and installing a provent 200 catch can, just wondering if all you guys remove the block before you take it in for servicing?
a few pages back i noticed that Tony mentioned his being easy to remove as his dealership removes it regularly so i'm guessing he takes it out before each service.
How about the rest of you?

Mine is going in for its 10k service Tesday and was going to leave it in.
I doubt they would look or care. Its not doing damage and there not the epa

It would be nice to think they took that much notice of what was going on in the engine bay.
Its only a 5 min job so i guess i could take it out and see what it looks like.

With the engine cover on you couldn't possibly see it. I did put mine in without any goo only a gasket so i can remove it.

Latest posts

Back