Ecu remap ballpark cost?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHDamo

Reaction score
Hi all, looking to add exhaust upgrade to my stock yd25 (have snorkel and blocked egr).

Whats the ballpark cost for a tune if I go that direction after the exhaust. Not looking to drag race it, just a bit more power, especially down low.

Any help appreciated.

DB

i don,t think you really need a re-map when just replacing the exhaust system to a larger free flow sizing. more likely if you add a [ tune -it ] electronic performane enhancer unit. my son has a 2.75 inch free flow system on his d-22 and no remap needed plus it goes much better than my d-22 in the extra power gain.

Not really necessary but will definitely improve performance, probably around $1500.

K, thanks guys. My understanding was that the exhaust makes a difference but to get the most (if thats the right word) out of it a tune is also needed. Will do exhaust first and see how we go. For 1500 I'll probably pass on tune - while I love it, it'll still be a 2.5l Navara so seems a bit like overkill.

i don,t think you really need a re-map when just replacing the exhaust system to a larger free flow sizing. more likely if you add a [ tune -it ] electronic performane enhancer unit. my son has a 2.75 inch free flow system on his d-22 and no remap needed plus it goes much better than my d-22 in the extra power gain.

Hey, I see you're Sunny Coast based - did your son get his exhaust done here? Probs looking to get a custom build rather than Beau and fit myself - too many other hobbies.

have a look at [ 4wdsupercentre.com.au ] they have good complete systems at around 50% off normal prices, so a good stainless or alumized 2.75 inch system will cost you about $700 posted. make sure you buy one with a freeflow muffler as that little bit of extra back pressure will help in power gains.

Not sure the ins and outs on yd25, but i put one on my zd30 - really waked it up, got rid of all turbo lag, brought boost on earlier, better power everywhere.
https://www.chipexpress.com/products/3185/

Got it set to zero at the moment for a giggle. Yep, gutless, but no turbo noise (and less boost) and she wants to rev to 3000 - 3500 where as with the chip was just shortshifting and riding the torque.
Breathing mods coming soon, hoping to have torque and top end. The chip kinda exposes the limitations of the turbo and induction up high.

have a look at [ 4wdsupercentre.com.au ] they have good complete systems at around 50% off normal prices, so a good stainless or alumized 2.75 inch system will cost you about $700 posted. make sure you buy one with a freeflow muffler as that little bit of extra back pressure will help in power gains.
I can't find an exhaust on there for a d22. I even emailed them a few weeks back but no reply as of yet

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

They don't have for d22. I looked a while back and they told me they won't be bringing on new stock for the d22. I asked them about snorkel and exhaust and they said no.. it's whatever they have in stock now.. They only have exhaust for Patrol, no navara.

The only thing they have for a d22 is the RAW lift kit.

I had my 2011 D40 remapped recently and it cost me $1195 dollars (here in WA) - I only did it because I had the exhaust system modified (i.e. certain parts removed) which required the ECU to be remapped.

At the time I was running the Steinbauer chip but this is now redundant and no longer required (it is for sale).

Previous to this I had the Taipan 75mm exhaust fitted and when the Steinbauer was fitted I noticed a big difference when under load - i.e. accelerating, towing etc from standard.

With the remap and the exhaust mod I haven't noticed any difference in power over what the Steinbauer did; however, if I hadn't had the chip fitted I would have noticed a big difference.

Karl

I'm not knocking, but you dont need a remap on a diesel everytime you change the exhaust. I changed my whole intake and exhaust including a bigger turbo on a plug and play chip! Although in my case i probably should get a custom tune but I'm not gonna.

I'm not knocking, but you dont need a remap on a diesel everytime you change the exhaust. I changed my whole intake and exhaust including a bigger turbo on a plug and play chip! Although in my case i probably should get a custom tune but I'm not gonna.
Being a d40, if it is auto, it probably has a dpf. So to remove that from the system would require either the dpf delete pipe or just disabling it in the ecu. I guess he figured it would be worth just editing the ecu to have it removed and remapping the fueling and timing at the same time. ...

Latest posts

Back