ECU Flash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also feels like too much fuel down low and not much boost when it would normally kick in..

Too much fuel will be evident in a large amount of black smoke from the exhaust. If you have a faulty turbocharger actuator (adjusts the vanes of the turbo to vary the boost) it could cause this - but I'm not sure your model had those issues but it might be worth mentioning that as well.

The MAFS could just be faulty - it happens. The Nissan techs look at the symptoms and look through the manual and they'll replace this part and that part long before they find the actual problem now and again.

Too much fuel will be evident in a large amount of black smoke from the exhaust. If you have a faulty turbocharger actuator (adjusts the vanes of the turbo to vary the boost) it could cause this - but I'm not sure your model had those issues but it might be worth mentioning that as well.

The MAFS could just be faulty - it happens. The Nissan techs look at the symptoms and look through the manual and they'll replace this part and that part long before they find the actual problem now and again.

Thanks for your help tonz,

I spoke to mechanic today and he's tipping that my ecu is faulty.. He put a fresh ecu in it today and it ran like a dream. He just has to try flashing it again. If that don't work I'd say it's a warrant replacement. Good news I suppose.. But what are the odds eh? Ecu with a bug..

It's certainly not a common thing at all. When you ask a question in here, we come up with the common things that cause what we think has been described. Haven't heard of a faulty ECU very often.

Good to hear that they found it, let's hope that's the last of it!

Back