ECU Fault code required

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canon909

Reaction score
Hi guys

wondering if anybody knows the fault codes for navara D40 STX Diesel manual 2011

code is as follows:
10Long, 3 short, 3 short, 5 short

which i think will read as 0335

much appreciated as this has been a massive hassle

thank in advance
canon909

Check *ALL* your Earths.. take them all off, clean them, replace.. Also check your ECU earth too...

Been down this road, and after lots of money, hassles and lots of Mechanics BS, it looks like mine was the ECU earth / connectors..

Mine was a MASSIVE pain in the rear..

As above. The CAS might indeed be the problem, but more commonly we see electrical faults that masquerade and the CAS is one of the bigger sufferers. It's a total PITA!

Check the earths first, especially the ECU and the engine block. If the electricals don't improve it there might be metallic fragments attaching to the CAS interfering with it.

Good advice Tony. That's also why I asked how many ks. as it could be the metal fragments as you say but the crank angle sensor is also a key indicator of a timing chain stretch issue.

The engine needs to see over 11 degrees difference between the CAS and the CPS for it to throw a fault. I have been told at this level the chain would be grinding over metal and there would be no guides left. It would sound very very nasty.

I chased a CPS fault for 6 months. I was told it *was* the timing chain. I put it in and had it replaced. 3k. Problem was there again when they started it up after install. 3k wasted!!

Not to mention the 1k Nissan charged me to fault find, and i use the term very loosely.

I even replaced the sensor - exactly the same problem.

5 different workshops and the last one seems to have *stumbled* onto the problem by removing all earths and the ECU to probe the various ports for a signal. Not finding anything they 'guessed' it needed a new ECU. They are around 4k installed. In was not keen.

Anyway - they put it back together and started it. First go it worked. They trialed it for a week - no fault. 3 weeks on it's still not faulted. This is from a car that would not go 3 days without the fault.

So I say, check / remove / clean all earth points. Remove ECU and check all
Connectors are clean. Clean with contact cleaner if needed.

While it may be an ECU or even a sensor - check that which is going to cost you nothing before laying out the dollars.

If you want a CAS I have one here you can have for a cheap price.

Good luck and I hope the problem is sorted for you. Mine was a nightmare!

Hi all,

really appreciate the responses on this and just got back from holiday, just an update for you all, after finding out what the fault code was thanks "4 naving" for the speedy response as i was due to leave for qld the next day, i had the gearbox repaired and only just installed it when i turned on the motor the fault code came up. as P0335 is CAS out of limits i pulled it out for a look and yep there it was snapped in half must have happend when i pulled the box out, i forgot to remove it, so i had a look where i took it out and found the other half so $80 from nissan and she was back to her old self. and thanks for the offer "black outlaw" if a had more than 3 hrs to fix it i would have taken u up on that offer.

again thank you to all

Latest posts

Back