e locker front and rear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StockAppy

Reaction score
ok decided im gonna buy a e locker for the front and rear of my 04 d22 navara.
i am pretty sure i have the money saved to pay for it, but i was wondering if anyone has them and what they payed as i want to get the best price obviously. im going to fit them myself.
what kinda coin am i up against?

thanks.

Having mine fitted tomorrow in the front only. Paying $1875 fitted with new bearings etc etc. Still will need to test run it, but I was at lcmp last weekend and did telecom with no lockers so I am yet to work out where I will need it. Maybe its an emergency purpose thing.

RustyNav

better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it rusty.

they are like $1600 each from superior engineering from memory to.

They are $1599 just to buy the locker on its own. Agreed with having it and not needing, but better to be safer then sorry.

Menace, my mechanic is now a harrop and superior distributor. This is his first e locker install ever. Southern District Auto is the shop on Tradelink Dr. Have a chat to Marco and mention my name (Russell). Great guy with great service. Only ever dealt with him for all my cars.

let us know how the install goes, would be good to know someone here in SE QLD who won't **** it up or charge $2000 to fit the things like arb do.

Will surely update when its in. Trusted mechanic and is even installing it himself not having one of his other mechanic do it.

Got to have a peak at the locker before it went in the car. Cars in atm btw. Instead of arriving in a cardboard box it arrived in a pelican dust/water tight plastic blow moulded box. Big improvement from last time. Comes with a proper carling rocker switch with red led and "Front E Locker" printed on it. So save the money on a switch cause I purchased a narva carling switch jot realising.

Hopefully have it by lunch wooot

Ok so car is still in. Had problems with one of the bearings having damage on the inner casing so they had to wait for a new bearing to arrive. Will have the car today. Tell you wh 5his locker better perform extremely well after having all these dramas.

Ill surely try and get a comparison video up as soon as I get the chance out. Also will have footage from the recent lcmp trip I did with 5 patrols and a hilux. Its interesting how knowing how your car works gets you to most places a patrol will go. Now with the locker in I should be able to keep up with them a bit more

Woohooo finally. Locker is in. No testing done done yet apart from flicking the switch on and off to check engagement of the locker. Its either DEAD QUIET or not working LOL. I'm opting its very quiet. This thing is gonna be mad when its in use. With nothing but a switch to operate I'm glad I don't have to listen to a compressor go off everytime I wanna use it.

I got a quote today from Opposite Lock, $1500 supplyed plus $450 inslatted with new bearings ect. Think I mite go for the rear as my LSD is not looking to healthy and I like the idea of been able to steer while needing to lock a diff!

Hay rusty. I know you do your research so you most probably looked into this. What is the word on the front diff handling a locker like this. From what I'm lead to believe ARB don't make air lockers for the front of a diesel D22 because they don't think the diff is strong enough. Has the elocker overcome this in its design or will it just be common sense not to turn to hard lock to lock with it engaged and take it easy.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back