Dyno Results

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike4x4

Reaction score
Got a chip installed today and got the dyno results, can anyone work out the torque to nm? just trying to work out how much it improved by.

cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 306
just trying to work out how much kw and nm of torque it has not so i can compare it to before.

look around 930 ftlb which is over 1000nm somethings not right here, 4th gear is also selected and to my knowledge is a overdrive so its multiplying the torque.

But this is with no knowledge of dyno's and how they actually work.

Its a bit hard to work out the increase if you dont have a before dyno graph to compare it to.

Yea I'm with the others, hard to compare as we would have to know how Nissan tested to be accurate.

Having said that its possible (wont be completely accurate).

What tyre size are you running?

If I look at the graph down the bottom it says you were in 4th gear. I would have done the test in 5th as in the d40 5th is 1:1. You will have a torque multiplier being in 4th (ie the graph will show more torque) so we will need to take into consideration 4th gear ratio (but can't take into account fractions etc!)

@mike.

Ring the shop and get them to re print it with the estimated engine torque.
The number is LBS is what we used to call dyno torque which is great when you are comparing exactly that.
Also ask them if they can change the scale so that the curves don't cross over so much.

I reckon you could be right there, and it seems to add up,

unlike the unrealistic torque figure of over 1000Nm.

This graph looks like a "power" graph only. In a stock D40, for example, peak torque is reached at 2,000rpm (with max horsepower around 3,500rpm) and this graph doesn't have anything near that combination - my guess is it's a HP graph, and we shouldn't be reading the right-hand axis.

Last edited:
had another look at them this morning when i was bored at work and they are both power graphs. torque graphs (especially on diesels) are a lot flatter.

whether he backed out of the first run or made some changes between runs you'll have to ask him.

Would be better to do it in 5th gear too IMO (1:1 in D40).

Cheers
Brad

They are before and after power figures mate,a good increase. Torque figure lines will be a different colour for dyno dynamics dyno, the shop should have torque graphs on file still.

Back