Drown the nav :(

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke91

Reaction score
Went put for bit of a play on the weekend with a few mates. And the hi lux done this so the navara had to do it to. Navara done that so the hi lux had to do it as well. We all no how it goes. Ended up goin through a big bog hole with out a snorkel. (dumb I no) and she sucked on some water. Through the filter and the turbo. The mechanic said that the motor should be fine. Just That there was water sitting on the pistons. And said the turbo should be right as well. I no sweet f a about it. What do you guys think?

If the pistons, bores, head and valves aren't damaged you are one very, very lucky person.

+1 on the snorkel - and consider a wading bra as well - a wading bra may have saved you from this on its own, if you could keep a bow wave up.

Mate i Highly doubt you got away with it.....

The reason i say that is, i did the same thing with my D22, but got hardly a drop past the filter and into the motor, and my head cracked!!

I didnt realise it at first as it was a few days maybe a few weeks, BUT it started using tiny amounts of water and i had to keep toping up my overflow bottle.
Then it gradually got worse and worse to the point it would Hydraulic lock when i tried starting it.

My suggestion is to tell your insurance company how you were on a listed dirt road and went through a puddle which was way deeper then you expected and have sucked water up.

That way if it does stuff up on you like mine did a few weeks down the track you may be covered.

Good luck i hope it is all good,
nathan

Last edited:
If the pistons, bores, head and valves aren't damaged you are one very, very lucky person.

+1 on the snorkel - and consider a wading bra as well - a wading bra may have saved you from this on its own, if you could keep a bow wave up.

+1 on this +1

You might also want to get a long stick to test the depth of those holes that you are not sure about!

The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago. Its a terrible feeling! And luckily enough every thing was fine and it didnt do any damage. Only difference was i hav a snorkle but it leaked. If you get a factory snorkle make sure its sealed up properly.

ah shit man. Bad luck! I am currently putting some money aside to get a snorkel fitted before my next trip. Hope it all stays positive for your Nav!

ah shit man. Bad luck! I am currently putting some money aside to get a snorkel fitted before my next trip. Hope it all stays positive for your Nav!

Factory snorkels are not expensive & easy to fit - just be careful that you seal it!

Only difference was i hav a snorkle but it leaked. If you get a factory snorkle make sure its sealed up properly.

fkn useless apprentices.

hope u have no issues in future mate. Every1 does something stupid in their 4wd lifetime mainly d22 owners for some reason hehe :sarcastic:

Dont let it deter you from future outings mate.

Mate should be fine i had a pathy befor my nav last year and i drowned it in a bog it locked on the spot then sat in the muddy water for 1 hour befor i could get it pulled out took it home took injectors out cranked it over it was the 3.2 and 3.3 ltrs of water came out lol and hosed it all out took a week for the car to dry out and 2 weeks for the seats to dry and it didnt miss a beat, oil an diffs were drained too. So should be ok nissans are tough !

Got it back tonight. Luckily every thing was fine. He was pretty confident the head wasn't cracked but time will tell. Thankfully only cost me 300 bucks. Even money left over for a snorkel. Been reading up on them. But it's confusin me. If I buy a 2.5lt one it will work fine? Or do I need a 3lt one with a 2.5lt intake. Because I plan on dual batteries one day

Got it back tonight. Luckily every thing was fine. He was pretty confident the head wasn't cracked but time will tell. Thankfully only cost me 300 bucks. Even money left over for a snorkel. Been reading up on them. But it's confusin me. If I buy a 2.5lt one it will work fine? Or do I need a 3lt one with a 2.5lt intake. Because I plan on dual batteries one day

If you have the 3.0L then you can get the Safari Snorkel and if you plan to get a second battery, its more than likely to be third party brand, which can be fitted away from the intake. (thats what I am planning)

The yd25 snorkel and the yd25 duct onto the zd30 is an excellent mod.
Use the search function and learn all about it.
Nizzbits is your friend.

Yeah read About every post with dual batteries and snorkel in them and got there eventually. Was just hard getting a straight answer. Now to get one of bizzbits with the duct.

Back