Driving Lights wired to fog light loom and switch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danimac85

Reaction score
Hey All,

I couldn't find anything directly related to this.

I have an 03 D22 3.0 L TD, It has a bull bar with no fog lights.

Wondering if i can wire some spotties up to the wiring loom left from the original fog lights, and in turn use the turning switch on the indicator stick as the switch for the spotties?

Not sure if it would be ok for the 100w or so of the spotties.

Cheers All!

It would work because you just use a relay to supply the actual power to the lights - the stalk only supplies enough power to switch the relay, which is minimal.

The problem is that it's illegal and easily spotted. A canary for it will require that you wire it in properly.

Forward-facing driving lights are supposed to operate only when the high beam is activated. Here's a way you COULD do it ... use the fog light switch to activate one relay, and THAT relay supplies NEGATIVE power for another relay through which the positive is activated by the high beam wire.

Pin 30 of relay 1 would be earthed along with pin 85 of that same relay. Pin 86 would come from your fog light switch and pin 87 would go to the second relay's pin 85. The second relay's pin 86 would connect to the high beam wire, with pin 30 going to the battery via a fuse (20A is enough for 2x100W lights) and pin 87 would go to the driving lights. Both relays can be 40A relays.

Just gotta make sure there is juice at the fog light switch so that once switched there is juice for that relay coil as per old tony's post above.

Back