DIY Servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do mine myself, but I am a qualified Mechanic, use genuine filters and approved lubricants. I stamp the book and retain all reciepts and service it every 5000km.

Had it into Nissan today as the fan resistor has failed. So next week the Fan blower motor, Fan resistor and lhf door check strap are being replaced under Warranty.

regards

Greg

Just rang the Pilbara Motor Group - Nissan dealership up here and the same place i bought my 4wd from about the capped price thing. "I've checked and no one here knows anything about it, but I can find out for you" was the reply. Meanwhile they want $380 + GST for a 20k. WTF, how can they be the Nissan dealership and not know about this stuff.

Just checked out capped price on the net. Does anyone know what qualifies a vehicle for it??? If i can get in on this they owe me money I'd reckon. Mines a November bought 2010 D22.

I do mine myself, but I am a qualified Mechanic, use genuine filters and approved lubricants. I stamp the book and retain all reciepts and service it every 5000km.

Had it into Nissan today as the fan resistor has failed. So next week the Fan blower motor, Fan resistor and lhf door check strap are being replaced under Warranty.

regards

Greg

Yes Basic things are fine. Not a problem as no pre approval is needed.
Major issues such as motors/transmission/drveline.
Nissan will not give you what you want.

I'm about to do my 40K (when I get time) and so far I've spent just under $200 and that includes the $140 fuel filter.

FB tell me honestly (not Nissan honesty either :big_smile: ) when the book says replace brake fluid at 40K do Nissan really go to the trouble of doing it or do they just test the viscosity and only change it if the viscosity has changed like decent brake mechanics do.

I believe that's how the service should be done. But no we change it and if my texts don't I cane them. It's part of the cap. They're very strict on it: I believe it should be inspect and replace. Every service. If I had any say. If create "customizable servicing" I
Mean pollen filters should be every 2 years like every other brand.

Then the question is why does any dealer bother to change brake fluid if the viscosity is still ok because it's adding costs to a service that could easily be omitted in most cases and therefore show a cheaper flat rate cost. Brake fluid should last a lot longer than 40K, seems to me just another area where dealers piss money away because it's not theirs to care about.

As for pollen filters I think they are a waste of $25 but thankfully for Nissan some people think they are required and are happy to pay up to $100 for them.

I won't bother explaining because I agree with you. Trust me. Eery dealer goes by the book. Not just Nissan. To us, we do make anymore money off a major than we do off a minor. Parts get the money.

Oh yeah that's easily seen when you see the retail price they charge people, even at trade price most of the stuff is easy money to a dealer but retail mark ups are unbelievable. The other thing that's always pissed me off about dealer servicing is the fees the customer has to pay to get rid of oil etc.

If every dealer went by the book I'd consider Nissan for servicing but saying that all dealers do things by the book is like saying all builders build houses properly or that all truck drivers are model citizens.

Now I'm a Johnny come lately to this discussion & I'm a bit nervous that my post will be removed anyway but I was under the assumption ( quite possibly incorrect) that part of the reason for changing the brake fluid is to flush the contaminants (metals & rubber from general wear), out of the system?

If every dealer went by the book I'd consider Nissan for servicing but saying that all dealers do things by the book is like saying all builders build houses properly or that all truck drivers are model citizens.

now there's a couple for the joke thread..

Aha Krafty to right you are. But end of the day it's a business a worldwide one at that. Web are they ever truly fair

Latest posts

Back