DIY Servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbb

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone here service their own D22, mines a 2009 model and Nissan done the 10k and slugged me $430 - oil, filter and check - nothing else, would have taken them an hour including smoko. How do you go servicing your own??? with warranty, computer thingy and all that, priced it up at $120 so massive saving???

Mate if I were you I would find a decent local mechanic you can trust. I have an 09 aswell and do my own 5000interval service but get my local mechanic to do the proper services. My services through my mechanic are like $250 and he checks everything on my car and backs his work bigtime.

Even a ultra tune or midas or repco service centre would be cheaper then Nissan. Just make sure they fill the service book

Rusty. Your 10ks are $220 bud. So i don't know where you're getting your "Dealer" prices from.

Oh and a logbook stamped
By ultra tune means nothing to Nissan warranty. Got a gearbox issue or mass engine issue? Nissan won't cover anything.

nissan legally cant void a warranty if logbook has been serviced by a registered mechanic and logbook has been stamped... they have tried it with me for an intercooler leak and rear diff problems and failed.

And legally you have no leg to stand on if you read the terms and conditions. Warranty can be voided if Nissan bereave the car ha not been serviced correctly.
You're speaking to someone who deals with this stuff everyday. Don't go giving people false info. If he services elsewhere and there no history of Nissan service and the motor goes pop. It's retails buddy.
Minor things you'll get away with. When Nissan starts asking for service history for things that need pre approval before replacement, I.e. Most major issues, and your book is stamped ultra tune.... Good luck.

And just to be fair.... You're being over charged for your services. Just so we're clear. $250 for a basic service is a rip.
Especially I you don't get a Consult iii checkup with that service. An before you say it. No your mechanic does not have consult iii

im only going off what ive been told about using a non-nissan dealer servicing cause they are a complete rip job and do shit quality work. nissan have never charged me $220 for a service, the last service i got form them was around the figure cbb has said. thats why i chose my local trusted mechanic who has serviced all my cars and families cars and never had a problem. Nissan couldnt even fit a tubliner properly after 5 attempts of me going back on days off for it to be done properly.

You're under capped price mate. They're either quoting extra stuff the car needs or not going by Nissan standard capped price servicing. I think your highest service which is a major. Including ALL driveline fluids, wheel bearing regrease and adjustment. And oil/fuel/ air filters is $845.
Minors on D22'd are 220. With pollen filter $290.

Oh and you're right. Could be bad mechanics. But Nissan supply those TubLiners with double sided tape only. They never fit correctly and you should not put one on the vehicle anyway. Promotes rust and corrosion. Spray in tub liner is the way to go mate.

Oh and you're right. Could be bad mechanics. But Nissan supply those TubLiners with double sided tape only. They never fit correctly and you should not put one on the vehicle anyway. Promotes rust and corrosion. Spray in tub liner is the way to go mate.

yeh mate i ripped the tubline out after 6months and found my floor was scratched and showing signs of surface rust. gave it a clean back and did a spray on DIY kit. came out mint.

i was never informed about no capped price servicing at nissan. also stories i have heard about capped price servicing is that its only parts not labor. meaning the capped price is just for the oil/filters/etc and then you have to pay the $***per/hr labor for them to do it. correct me if im wrong. oh and since the last time i took my car to nissan for a service(long time ago) i started getting poor fuel economy and i took it back only for them to clean the maf sensor and reset the ecu and thats it. i had already done these things. they didnt even want to look at the injectors and check them

Whats a 'consult iii'???

I live in the Pilbara WA, and labors a min $150 p/h on anything.

Does anyone know if capped price servicing works on parts only, cause it was in when I got my 10k and it still cost me $430.

So basically it's service yourself or pay nissan prices cause they'll cheat you out of a claim if you get another mechanic to do it???

RustyNav09 said:
yeh mate i ripped the tubline out after 6months and found my floor was scratched and showing signs of surface rust. gave it a clean back and did a spray on DIY kit. came out mint.

i was never informed about no capped price servicing at nissan. also stories i have heard about capped price servicing is that its only parts not labor. meaning the capped price is just for the oil/filters/etc and then you have to pay the $***per/hr labor for them to do it. correct me if im wrong. oh and since the last time i took my car to nissan for a service(long time ago) i started getting poor fuel economy and i took it back only for them to clean the maf sensor and reset the ecu and thats it. i had already done these things. they didnt even want to look at the injectors and check them

Labour rate is limited at 120+ under capped. My lbr rate is $154 buy servicing is only $120.
So no somebody is lying to you.

cbb said:
Whats a 'consult iii'???

I live in the Pilbara WA, and labors a min $150 p/h on anything.

Does anyone know if capped price servicing works on parts only, cause it was in when I got my 10k and it still cost me $430.

So basically it's service yourself or pay nissan prices cause they'll cheat you out of a claim if you get another mechanic to do it???

Consult iii is the new Nissan computer.
Capped price is parts and labour is capped at $120.00. Moat labour rates are $142.50+ gst

The last time my D22 seen Nissan Consult was 130,000km's ago.

When the local dealer put a dint in my passenger door and wouldn't admit to it.

No software checks and she still goes well.

Fatboy, come work at the local dealer and Ill take my Nav back.

And you know I'd give you cheaper than fleet rates mate. But I couldn't leave down here.
Standard D22 Yd25 service is $222.70.
Or $288 with pollen filter so i don't know where these people are getting their pricing.

Oh and Dave you got a ZD30. It doesn't need consult to be told it's working fine :)

Mine too. First ZD30 with a problem
Today in MONTHS! Poor bugger copped some bad fuel an possibly screwed his pump.
Seems okay after new filter and a flush. Hopefully he pulls out of it

Latest posts

Back