Dash Fuel Economy Readout?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryzan

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if there's supposed to be a fuel economy readout on the dash from factory or not? I've got an 08 stx and if you get the lcd screen in the right light or shine a torch on it you can see the images are there to show L/100km or something like that, or is this a feature added to later models? If so is there anyway I can add it to my Nav? (like the ambient temperature sensor on the other screen).

I've had a little fiddle with mine (09 STX) and I can't get it to display. The ECU has the information, but I haven't found the way to make the instrument cluster display it. Not sure if it's missing the wiring, if the instrument cluster was deliberately hamstrung for the Australian market. Only Nissan knows and you KNOW they won't admit to that.

I'd have thought it would be data available in the CAN, but for some reason our clusters don't pick it up or display it. It's probably available in the 08/09 Euro models and may just be a matter of figuring out how to turn it on.

I wonder if we could change that somehow. Entire clusters can be had from wreckers for under $300 in Australia, we might be able to source one from Europe from a wreck and try it?

Maybe there's a way to activate it in the cluster? I haven't had my cluster out of the car yet so I haven't looked behind it to see if there is anything missing (like cables, fuses etc).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418338219.620105.jpg
Brown wire to black is the " i " button, the wiring is there but when shorting the two together it just acts like a trip reset, later model cluster should work though
this is the connector to the steering controls

Maybe it was done differently in the older cluster? We'd have to get our hands on a 2005-2006 Euro spec cluster to have a look at it (should be the same as an AU 2008-2009 since we're stone-aged blighters over here and are 3 years behind the rest of the world, right Nissan?)

View attachment 18924
Brown wire to black is the " i " button, the wiring is there but when shorting the two together it just acts like a trip reset, later model cluster should work though
this is the connector to the steering controls

Does this mean it's possible to retrofit the buttons on the right hand side and a bluetooth stereo and all that jazz?

Also, noticed that the st-l and up pathfinders all seem to have the display on their dash enabled. Are the clusters the same and able to be swapped out?

Latest posts

Back