Dash Cams

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10navst

Reaction score
Hey all, did a search but couldn't find the info I was after. I have seen on tv all of these different types of dash cams and how they are saving drivers from being wrongfully charged for driving offenses by proving what actually happened on the road with vision. Well it got me thinking that in the last 2 weeks while driving to work I've seen 2 of the dumbest idiots on the roads I've seen in years and thought if I had the cam I could help get these idiots busted because police are never around when YOU need them to be. Question is, do you have one? Do you rate it good/bad? Good video quality/storage capability? And battery life or plug in power?

I've seen some on eBay as little as $30 from china or $50 - $80 for a slightly better model. What do you think?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have a blackvue dr400g-hd I reckon it is pretty good!
I put a 32GB card in and it gives more than 14 hrs of recording in HD.
I wired in to the ignition with always ON switch button (my own modification) with in line fuse 2 amps.
The internal battery last long enough to save the data when power goes off.
Software it is very user friendly.

Overall I'm very happy with mine.

http://www.blackvue.com/en/main/main.asp

Cheers
Maximus

I had one of those $30 dollar ones and was ok. It didn't keep the time and date so would need resetting all the time and battery was crap.. I deleted a file of the memory card so doesn't record anymore. I will be looking at a slightly better one next time.

I have the black vue 500 WiFi.
You can log on in real time with smart phone tablet etc.
It has g shock sensor, adjustable. When it senses shock (accident) it logs the recording from 5 sec b4 impact to view pre circumstances.
In parking mode it uses motion detector to read activity and logs it.
You can freeze a frame and zoom in on the details such as number plate.

Had it in the other day when the Nissan dealer did a recall item. Confirmed my suspicions the (tech) is a disrespectful arse wipe.

Had a look at the blackvue website and their pretty pricey... Was looking more towards a budget unit.

I have 2 inboard ones, I have a $40 from ebay, 1080p and yeah the battery is crap but its 120 degree wide angle awesome quality even at night, has snap shot mode and zoom etc, has time and date, accident mode and all that, stays on for a while even after no 12v power is going to it etc etc. the other one is facing outwards to my left for people who cut me off and what not. Its a little but more pricey i think it was around $150, has a bigger screen and battery and all that other stuff. doesnt have night mode buts its better at night then the other one or at least as good. I do alot of highway driving and 99% of the time in the right lane so, facing it out left works for me. They both have auto roll over so they will continue to record over the old data, usually if an incident happens tho, you put it on your computer when you get home, with even 16gb cards, they record for a while - 8 hrs or so. They are rather visible from outside so i get alot of strange looks from people when im in traffic :)

In a nut shell, the ebay ones are fine but the more expensive ones, like blackvue are grouse. You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Hope this helps

Cool thanks for all your info and links, you've given me a good starting point to start researching.

I've got the onsite cameras one , hd and GPS , with a 32 gig card , works well , but the software won't work with apple , and it's a bit " gimpy " even on windows , mines the first gen though , I believe the 2nd are better software wise

Latest posts

Back