D40 V6 intake hose

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex4x4

Reaction score
I've a d40 v6 and the intake hose appears to be sweating oil, what would cause this?
There are no other issues under the bonnet in this relation, I have noticed the last two days fuel consumption has gone up a bit and there is smoke on hard accelleration.

If the "intake hose" is between the turbocharger and the intake manifold then you've got a boost leak. Find the precise location where the oil is coming from, that will be the leak. Oil in that hose is normal, the leak isn't. This results in less boost = less air = richer mixture = more smoke = less power.

Ok thank you, there is no other deposits so I will just have to go over and tighten everything, but the hose is wet right around it, front to back and top to bottom.
Yes, intake from cooler to engine pipe.

Mine had a loose connection where the cooler to engine hose meets the flapper/her valve, just needed a wipe down and tighten.

ok so it's still doing it, maybe it does have hairline cracks, I am trying to buy a new hose, what exactly is it called?
It lives between the turbo and the cooler, next to the air cleaner???

So it looks like there is no Nissan equivalent nor will Plazaman upgrade kit fit as someone has modified the cooler end and removed the o ring/cir clip fitting, I now have a 58mm diameter silicone hose elbow between the turbo pipe and the inter cooler and I paid $38 for a spare one which is a bit shorter but should fit.

Attachments

• 20231215_152519.jpg
    20231215_152519.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Mine also has the misty oil on that hose and its not long after upgrading to a larger HPD cooler with all new hoses etc. mechanic told me that it’s apparently quite normal but im following this to see what you find.

Mine also has the misty oil on that hose and its not long after upgrading to a larger HPD cooler with all new hoses etc. mechanic told me that it’s apparently quite normal but im following this to see what you find.
Yeah, it is like it is sweating horsepower lol.
Quite a few people have told me it is normal wear and tear (including Plazmaman) for this type and placement of hose due to the high amount of oil that gets in the Nissan system, it reacts with the hose, my suggestion is to keep a spare as you don't know when it might let you down.
I am not expecting to find anything abnormal unless someone has better experience with this problem?

Latest posts

Back