D40 turbo not boosting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhawkless89

Reaction score
Gday guys

Just wanting to know has anyone had dramas with their turbo cutting out/not boosting while driving? Mine has cut out a couple times since feb. If I turn the car off and on again problem solved, but I have no idea whats causing it.

Any ideas?

It's been seen a few times by members here, and that can only mean it's more common "out there", since only a small proportion of Navara owners visit here. Dealers would HAVE to be aware that the SCV can sometimes be faulty. There'd HAVE to be some internal memo about it, because of those we've seen reported here, many were replaced under warranty.

Two things for everyone to consider.

1) the boost control solenoid is very prone to failure in D40's. It can cause over or under boosting.

2) When people service them, they get the shits trying to get the oil filter out and end up ripping it out from the top.
There is a small solenoid just under the manifold almost directly above the oil filter that they tend to snap in their rage and it leads over to the boost control solenoid.

Ive seen Nissan dealers replace the entire engine, ecu, harness and everything else to rectify this problem.

Latest posts

Back