D40 throttle surging in 4low

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbt

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with power surging in 4lo? It feels like a throttle pulse, or a fuel blockage or something....

I noticed it soon after I got it driving through some sand dunes, and I took it back to be fixed under warranty, but they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Everything else works fine, all the other gears in all settings work well.... The ECU etc have been reset.

I have no idea.... any suggestions would be appreciated

It is still very drivable, it is just when you want absolute throttle control in sand it can be annoying and you end up revving the guts out of it in Lo 3rd

Its a known fault...they wont admit it tho...what year you got...mines a late 08 and it does it in 3rd (little bit)and 4th a lot.makes beach/sand driving interesting.

2010.... I havn't noticed it in any other gear, and it is actually manageable between 3rd and 5ft because the gears are so short, but sometimes you want a bit of extra speed approaching dunes and 3rd just means you hammer it a bit hard for my liking.

2 gears must suck.... any ideas of how to address it?

There is 1 or 2 threads on here about the issue...i havnt got any links for you but have a quick search using the forum search tool or just a google search should bring up the posts.....actually just google kingcab surging in low range.
I dont think anyone got a fix but it seems widespread.tho some kingcab owners dont seem to have the problem.

I think i just stick with 3rd and some revs when it comes to big dunes.which is all i ever seem to do anyway here in S.A

Its a ECM software issue, there is a recent software update available that will fix the issue on the thai built vehicles. Been around on the spain built for some time.

Im getting no joy over the phone with my dealer..i need to take it in there..im thinking they are going to waste my time tho...not hopefull..been talking with seventies47 he said take it to them and see what they can find in reguards to a ecm update..not sure when i can get mine into the dealer.

I always thought it was because of my chip, I've never had it out long enough to try it without,
Do keep us posted about the upgrade too

Its a ECM software issue, there is a recent software update available that will fix the issue on the thai built vehicles. Been around on the spain built for some time.

Is that something that comes trough in the recall check they do??

Latest posts

Back