D40 TD Exhaust questions...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunus88

Reaction score
Hey lads,

Need some advice/answers...

I currently have a 3" DPF back exhaust... Obviously this will do nothing to provide some exhaust note.

What I would like is to know the following:

- Removing the DPF only and fitting a DPF delete pipe, will this give me the exhaust note I am after?

- Does the factory cat/dump pipe make the Nav so quiet?

- What can be replaced with relative ease without causing clouds of white smoke etc?

Some of you guys have gone down this path which is why I ask...I need personal experience as everyone I have spoken too has given me conflicting info.

Cheers,

Shaun

I've driven a couple with full 3 inch zorsts with No CAT No DPF and a muffler. They were abit louder than stock but not crazy.

When I had my DPF back exhaust made up I requested they put a tiny muffler in it as I had planned to do the full exhaust eventually and if I ever get pulled over at least I can say it has a muffler...albeit 10 x smaller than the factory one :)

There's just so much conflicting info about what will give me troublesome results and what wont. I want the DPF gone it's just a matter of are those DPF delete pipes any good? Will swapping out the factory cat/dump pipe cause me any grief?

Deleting your DPF is easy. Just buy the chip it delete pipe or equivalent.

THIS IS THE KEY TO SUCCESSFUL DPF DELETE

Drive your car down the freeway at 80kmph + for about at least 15 mins and then turn around and head back doing the same thing avoiding low speed driving where possible.

Park the car and let it cool off. Once cool and you can touch the exhaust remove your DPF and install the delete pipe.

As long as your Factory CAT is still functioning everything will be all good.

Smash out, remove or use a high flow CAT and you'll need some of the re calibrated sensors i sell in the advertising section.

If you run my sensors and bypass the DP sensor you can run virtually no exhaust system if you so wished.

It's all about tricking the ECU into thinking everything's all good. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Back