D40 suspension Questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c42daves

Reaction score
Howdy. Being new here, just wanted to ask If any one has an answer to my question.
I recently bought a 2008 D40 RX Navara. The one built in Spain ...( apparently ! )
The leaf springs are now horizontal and the rear shockies are on their way out.

I want to replace the leaf springs and the shockies, but Don't really know the best gear to buy. I was told WestCoast leaf springs are the best as I am here in WA, They would be the easiest to get.
I would like to put on Heavy duty springs, but don't know what shockies to get. I was told Old Man Emu were not the better option.

Has anyone made suspension modifications ??

If so, Could someone please advise me the best way to go.

Many Thanks to suggestions.

Dave

Dave i thought the RX was a thai build.
Why do you want "heavy duty" leafs ?? do you carry a constant load of more the 400kg??
If you look through the D40 section of the forum there are pages and pages of info on suspension info, the trouble is every one has there own opinion and have chosen their set up to suit their situation, as there is NO "one size fits all" type of thing with suspension set ups you will need to look at what YOU want and what YOU intend to do with YOUR ute, once you know that you can then decide on what sort of suspension you will need to best fit with those needs.

I would look at things like, how much and what sort of towing you may do,
how much will you carry in the ute both part time and constantly,
do you have a bull bar,
winch,
bash plates,
rear bar,
long range fuel tank
will you do much off road work ect
once you know that then you will have a much better idea of what you will fit to give the best ride and most durable set up possible.
good luck.

Many thanks mate will check out this site a tadd more.
I'm not towing anything heavy ... Yet.. but I'm concerned that the leaf springs are laying flat, and the shockies are stuffed. I just returned from a trip to Nullagine, and noticed the leaf springs looking horizontal. Was told that factory made suspension not good.

yeah the factory suspension isnt that crash hot.
one thing i will say is DONT get sucked into thinking "heavy duty" means long lasting and better quality.
What it means is how much load they will carry, and if you are not going to have a constant load in the ute then the rear will sit high and the ride will be harsh and you may regret your choice.
You can get softer springs that will last just as long and will cope with a good load every now and then, and when you are not loaded the ride will remain nice and handling will not suffer or be bouncy.

if u have a steel tray dont go anything under 450 kg rear springs i put 300kg in mine and they are shagged after 30000km i just had to fork out 500 bucks to get them reset and a extra leaf put in old mate that done it rekns the extra leaf should take them up to around the 480kg mark rides heaps beta now and sits 80mm higher

Thanks Guy's for the reply.
I've been Quoted $800.00 for West Coast Suspension leaf springs AND new shockies.

At this point, that's the way i will probly go.

Many thanks again !

Dave

Latest posts

Back